If you could only

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
With all the ammo and gun shortage stuff going on if you could only have three gun's what would you choose.
Just out of curousity I thought it would be interesting to see the different response's.

Deepsouth":3tu7b7lt said:
12 gauge, 22 rifle and a 30-06 rifle.

Very wise choice's IMO.
And the same one's I would have made a year ago today I would drop the 22lr for a 45 ACP.
The 22lr present's a reloading problem for me.

Caustic Burno":2jvkcvhm said:
Deepsouth":2jvkcvhm said:
12 gauge, 22 rifle and a 30-06 rifle.

Very wise choice's IMO.
And the same one's I would have made a year ago today I would drop the 22lr for a 45 ACP.
The 22lr present's a reloading problem for me.

I was signing on to say the same thing, great three choices. But if we had four choices it would be much easier .... But we are held to three.

12 gauge is a must, I to need a hand gun so 45 acp, now I'm forced to split the difference between an 06 and a .22lr so my third would be a .223.

The same 3 i used for years before i decided i "needed" a lot more guns

12ga , 22lr and 30-06

12 ga, 22 Hornet/218 Bee, .357 mag
A tougher question would be, if you had to get rid of all but 3 guns what would you keep.

I ain't choosing....

gonna keep firing at those that come for my others till I am out of ammo or dead.

have two 12 gauges...a single shot from an old friend who is deceased and a remington semi auto
one 16 gauge that was my pappys gun. double barrel
one single shot 410 that was my first gun
22 bolt action rifle...my second gun
ruger super single 6...my third gun
ruger 9mm
Ruger 44 mag revolver
Ruger 357 mag
Taurus Judge
Taurus model 605 357 mag
a 357 non mag forget the model but it is old and from also from my deceased friend...
savage 223 bolt action w/scope
savage 270 bolt action w/scope
went to a gun show with my buddy yesterday and finally found some 357 mag ammo.

okay I will play

wife has a 38 spec....so I would keep a 357 mag and could use 38 spec as well don't know if it would be the big ruger or the small taurus
certainly a 12 gauge
probably the judge.

I just figured out a way around only having 3 guns. I could have my 3 AND my wifes 3, that makes it a whole lot easier

Caustic Burno":3mf9rq8k said:
With all the ammo and gun shortage stuff going on if you could only have three gun's what would you choose.
Just out of curousity I thought it would be interesting to see the different response's.

My Sweet 16, 45 ACP and 22 LR. After that I'll just have to get the grenades out. :shock:

I'm a little surprised at the amount of folks picking a .22lr and how few handguns are being chosen. I guess .22 ammo is the cheapest of the ammo and shotguns are a good home defense weapon ...... At least accord to Biden. :D

Alan":25l5cf14 said:
I'm a little surprised at the amount of folks picking a .22lr and how few handguns are being chosen. I guess .22 ammo is the cheapest of the ammo and shotguns are a good home defense weapon ...... At least accord to Biden. :D

problem is 22 ammo is among the hardest to find in our area.
be good for plinking rabbits and squirrels for food but if the SHTF I want a little more umpf....

1) Savage .223 w/accutrigger (thanks 3way, my favorite gun)
2) 12 gauge
3) .380, it with me always.