Idaho Earth Quake

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
We took a drive up the canyon to look for bighorn sheep. We turned around just past Clarkville where gold was first discovered here in 1862. It looks like someone is getting set up to mine there this year. We saw 24 bighorns and about 60 deer along with an assortment of ducks, geese, and rodents. The sheep were on the same side of the road with the deer in Arden Ables field. But as we were stopping the sheep crossed over to the other side.
When we got home we found out that there was an 6.5 earth quake over north of Boise (100 miles away) while we were driving through the canyon. We always say we don't want to be in that canyon during an earth quake. There are huge rock slides with rocks the size of an engine block that run 2,000 -3,000 feet up the side of the mountain clear to the road. We never felt a thing and there was no rocks down on the road. I am sure glad one of those rock slides didn't decide to come down while we were driving through.

That was a bit lucky Dave. Are those sheep any good to eat Dave? I can't quite make it out but they look as though they don't have tails.

Ken

greybeard said:
Short tails. Light colored with dark switch.

GB, those are mule deer. The sheep are in the other picture. They kind of blend into the back ground in that picture.

Ken, I don't know how good they are to eat. The Game Dept only gives out one permit a year to shoot one. The odds of drawing that permit are about 450 to 1. If I am ever lucky enough to get the permit I will let you know.

Latest posts