I won the lottery!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Yes, I know I've said before that I don't play the lottery because I freely acknowledge that I have bad luck and know my number will never be drawn. However, I am humble enough to admit when I am wrong. And yes, I was wrong and I am lucky enough to be drawn.

Today I get home from a rather crappy day at work and find a letter telling me that my name has been drawn and I have been selected to be audited!!!!! Ain't I the lucky one!!!!! Should I run out and buy some lottery tickets since I'm now on a roll?

I have a few other words but CT is not the place for them.

I tried to reason with you--told ya to stop with the leaky old delivery contraption you built. Ya just wouldn't listen to reason...
[snicker snicker]
go ahead--Flood my road again

Jo, it could not have been much over a month ago you told me that we all needed to quit talking about the age of our vehicles on here because we would be audited. Guess you do have a good sense for things, go ahead and pick me a ticket to and if it's a winner I will send you what you paid for it.

In all seriousness I hope it does go as good as possible for you! I guess if your location changes from South Georgia to state pen, we will know how it went.

I've been sitting here thinking what could have triggered this. The letter stated it was random but I have my doubts. My mind seems to wander back to a conversation I had with this brilliant affirmative action hire and a few well placed words I may have used when she got a little testy with me. But that couldn't be. Government doesn't use its power to retaliate does it?

Jogeephus":37epegbw said:
Yes, I know I've said before that I don't play the lottery because I freely acknowledge that I have bad luck and know my number will never be drawn. However, I am humble enough to admit when I am wrong. And yes, I was wrong and I am lucky enough to be drawn.

Today I get home from a rather crappy day at work and find a letter telling me that my name has been drawn and I have been selected to be audited!!!!! Ain't I the lucky one!!!!! Should I run out and buy some lottery tickets since I'm now on a roll?

When Mr HD and I were first married and barely had 2 nickels to rub together ,we had to move due to his work and claimed our expenses. Everything was out of pocket by us, family and friends except for fuel ,, which we claimed as an expense. 600 bucks or around that, we were audited that year . After paper work was sent in we got it all back , but was a real PITA >. Feel for you , hope it all goes smoothly Jo .

I know 20 thousand people they should be auditing starting with heads of state Q!! :mad: :mad:

hillsdown":33wypc71 said:
Jogeephus":33wypc71 said:

When Mr HD and I were first married and barely had 2 nickels to rub together ,we had to move due to his work and claimed our expenses. Everything was out of pocket by us, family and friends except for fuel ,, which we claimed as an expense. 600 bucks or around that, we were audited that year . After paper work was sent in we got it all back , but was a real PITA >. Feel for you , hope it all goes smoothly Jo .

I know 20 thousand people they should be auditing starting with heads of state Q!! :mad: :mad:

:nod:

And I know one they don't need to be wasting their time on.

Just another inconvenience that keeps me from doing what I need to be doing but I guess the government is broke and needs the money.

1973 my first wife and i had 2 house fires in 2 different houses. Didn't have much but claimed about $1000 in causualty loss.

Automatic audit. They ended up disallowing about 1/3 of the claim. Never want to go there again!

In reality I think pretty soon you'll find out of you won or lost the lottery

3-way, that is like throwing salt on a wound. Maybe if their house burned down they would be more understanding. I would think $1000 would be quite minimal. But then again they need the money so they can put it to good use.

Dun, I just wish they would just tell me how much it is they need to shake me down for so we can skip the dance. I'd much rather just get it over with and be done with them. Not that there is anything I have to hide but I am sure there is some form, some line on a form or some small insignificant detail I did not jot down properly that is not in accordance with the 8000 page tax code and I need to be punished for this.

Jogeephus said:
3-way, that is like throwing salt on a wound. Maybe if their house burned down they would be more understanding. I would think $1000 would be quite minimal. But then again they need the money so they can put it to good use.

Well Jo at that point we didn't have a pot to pea in and after the fires we sure didn't have a window to throw it out of. The worst part of that deal was by the time the audit was over we were divorced and they said they wanted $250 of the joint return back from us. Since we had split everything in the divorce I sent them $125 and my ex wife's address in Montana. They called and said i had a week to pay the rest and they could care less about her, they had me, and if i didn't pay they would go to my bank and take it out of my account!

I paid!

Jogeephus":37e0y633 said:

Dun, I just wish they would just tell me how much it is they need to shake me down for so we can skip the dance. I'd much rather just get it over with and be done with them. Not that there is anything I have to hide but I am sure there is some form, some line on a form or some small insignificant detail I did not jot down properly that is not in accordance with the 8000 page tax code and I need to be punished for this.
It's always the waiting that is the worst. When I was a yonker my dad would be on the road 3 days then home 3 days. When he was gone my mother would tell me "Wait till you father gets home" when I would really screw up. The whipping when he would get home was never as bad as the anticipation. I think that rthe audit is kind of like the lottery scams that you only need to send them x dollars to be able to get your winnings

I agree. The waiting is going to be hard. I have a good mind to turn this over to the accountant and let him talk to them rather than me. I'm apt to loose my cool and say something I am sure to regret but if I have the accountant do it I'll have to pay him and this will be yet another tax and I have paid more than my fair share already and my books will show it. But then again, they need money.

Jogeephus":izsh9so8 said:
I agree. The waiting is going to be hard. I have a good mind to turn this over to the accountant and let him talk to them rather than me. I'm apt to loose my cool and say something I am sure to regret but if I have the accountant do it I'll have to pay him and this will be yet another tax and I have paid more than my fair share already and my books will show it. But then again, they need money.

That is an excellent idea!

This ain't about right and wrong, this is about damage control.

Larry

I've got it Jo, your always doin all that fine work in the kitchen, is there any chance you have had any tea parties? I here that just the idea of it can attract the Feds.

Well, I would certainly turn it over to the accountant. But I don't have your tolerance for bashing my head. :bang: Tell the truth--you went Sec. 179 on the wife's Christmas Bently. Called it vital farm equipment, given it can haul mineral blox. I'm sure the accountant can justify it.

Latest posts