I think Winter is here...

Help Support CattleToday:

Just above freezing here this morning but drizzling rain and wind blowing like a storm. Chill factor has to be single digits.

TexasBred":1w08xpxs said:
Just above freezing here this morning but drizzling rain and wind blowing like a storm. Chill factor has to be single digits.

I have always said we have some of the roughest winters on cows.
That 35 to 40 degrees and raining all the time they would be better off if the temp would fall below freezing.
At least they could get out of the wind and warm hard to do that wet.
My best friend worked with for years was from Mo. said this was the coldest place on earth.
He said nothing every dries out just rain wind and cold.

Last year wasn't bad, but this winter looks to be more like the traditional E Texas winters we used to get.
Looks like it's clearing some this morning--I see some stars out to the North, but more wet coming according to the forecast.
There's only 2 ways to handle this--stay inside or just get dressed right and get on out in it and get wet and cold.
Stayed in most of yesterday, but I gotta get out in it today no matter what. Going to be worse come Tuesday.
I know they aren't very cost effective, but I'm going to put out some molasses tubs to maybe give 'em a little energy.
They sure look miserable standing out in that cold drizzle, but they're on the hay rings, so they can't be too bad off.

Weaher Liars did it again, supposed to be high teens and it's a whopping 5 degrees. I'm ready for summer!

greybeard":2bbn4w5p said:
Last year wasn't bad, but this winter looks to be more like the traditional E Texas winters we used to get.
Looks like it's clearing some this morning--I see some stars out to the North, but more wet coming according to the forecast.
There's only 2 ways to handle this--stay inside or just get dressed right and get on out in it and get wet and cold.
Stayed in most of yesterday, but I gotta get out in it today no matter what. Going to be worse come Tuesday.
I know they aren't very cost effective, but I'm going to put out some molasses tubs to maybe give 'em a little energy.
They sure look miserable standing out in that cold drizzle, but they're on the hay rings, so they can't be too bad off.

I ordered a ton of 2-1 in a super sack for Monday 20% protein to put in the feeder.
They are predicting sleet mixed with rain here Monday.

Latest posts