I think we should say bushel of wheat for a barrel of oil

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I have a dream. I climbed up over the hill and got to the border of Iran and looked down and saw nothing but glass.

Next time their oil wells catch fire, Red from Texas should stay home and let them burn.

Anybody ready to see a couple million barrels of US oil dumped on the market yet. OPEC seems to think they are the only ones thats got oil. Them and the big oil companys and some off aur elected officals.

At one time a barrle of rice and a barrle of oil were compatable...hope those days are coming back!

well red is the last person they need to make madd.because if they get a well fire.he might just triple charge them.an take his time putting out the fire.those countries are just liable to need something the US has an have to trade oil to get it.

Red is dead. He died in 2004 at 89 years old. It wasn't Iran's oil fields that were on fire; that was in Kuwait.

Frankie, Thank you for correcting me. So I will put it to the board this way....If Iran's oil fields catch fire, should the us fire fighters run over there to help save their oil fields.? Tom :cboy:

kerley":1t3z9z2p said:
Frankie, Thank you for correcting me. So I will put it to the board this way....If Iran's oil fields catch fire, should the us fire fighters run over there to help save their oil fields.? Tom :cboy:

It's up to the US oil fire fighters if they want to make some money putting out fires in Iran. They're businessmen and don't work for you, me or the US government. And, though I like to think we have the best ones here, there are probably oil fire fighting companies in other countries. Of course, if Iran's oilfields are shut down, supplies of oil tighten and prices will go even higher. Personally, I'd encourage them to pump all the oil they can, as fast as they can, so maybe prices will stabilize.

Frankie,...I agree with you about the fires. I also think that if our Military is being used to protect the foreign oil fields that the U.S. should benefit from lower priced crude. There may be folks that do not agree with me but thats my thoughts. I am not political enough to have any workable answer. Thanks for a kind reply, Tom :cboy:

whatsupdoc3":rl17uqki said:
kerley":rl17uqki said:
Frankie,...I agree with you about the fires. I also think that if our Military is being used to protect the foreign oil fields that the U.S. should benefit from lower priced crude. There may be folks that do not agree with me but thats my thoughts. I am not political enough to have any workable answer. Thanks for a kind reply, Tom :cboy:

i AGREE WITH YOU ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. BUT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AMERICANS AS A WHOLE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GROW SOME BALLS. BUSHEL OF CORN, BEANS, OR WHEAT FOR A BARREL OF OIL. I would bet the price of oil would slide so quick they would be begging for stability in the markets.

You talk like the USA is the only place that grows corn, wheat and beans. :roll:

The U.S. may not be the only place that grows these things. But you know China, and Russia are refusing to export their wheat. Also I dare say if America was to set the price, you might be surprised how many countries would follow along.

It was less than a year ago, the Saudis said they were going to increase production, and keep the price about $55.00 a barrell. This was so they could put pressure on Iran economicaly to straighten up. They talk big as a supposed to be friend, when they need planes and such, but then don't follow through.

What goes around comes around. Oil made them what they are. Who didn't see the arrogance coming.

They are whoring out their oil at exhorbant prices. In 100 years, their oil will be gone for them and us.

There will be many more problems for them at that time. We will have found other avenues to achieve our goals.

Funny that Iran is getting the blame. China is buying wheat and oil both with the dollars we send them :shock: There population wants to eat some type of meat a few times a month and to have a scooter to use for long trips. There population measures by the billion and a little change in there standard of living rocks the world supply chain :help: Do you think that with our trade balance with China and the amount of our debt that they own that this country is in a position to tell them they can not buy what they need?

OPEC isnt' the only people to blame for the skyrocketing oil prices. As long as two of America's biggest oil tycoons are in the White House, gas prices are going to continue to climb. I am not that old and when I started driving gas was 73 cents a gallon. When I got back from the service gas was a $1.25 and I flipped. Now with it approaching $4 I don't know what else to do. Due to the infrastructure the U.S. has in place, a lot of people have to drive every day. I live in the mid west where towns are 30 miles apart, there isn't a passenger train system, and cabs are rare in the larger cities. I drive 35 miles to work everyday making a 70 mile round trip. What are people like me supposed to do? Not buy gas for a day in protest? Bah, we do that we'll just have to fill up tomorrow.
I feel that America has gotten waylayed with it's international standing because our current president is an idiot. He's too soft on the important issues like rising gas prices, too hard on egg shell issues such as Iran's nuclear quest, and too stupid to know the difference. Diplomacy always wins out over violence. I'd like to believe in the end that the 4000+ American who have died in Iraq won't have done so in vain. Friends of mine that have spent time there come back changed and one isn't doing too hot. The mental anguish he carries is a heavy burden.
Ethanol is a great product, but making it out of corn is only a temporary solution. Making ethanol from corn is only a 1:1.5 ratio, for every 1 unit of petroleum going into the process we only get 1.5 unis of ethanol out. Do you know why Brazilian ethanol is so much cheaper than ours? They make theirs out of sugar beets and something like 90% of their cars can run on E85. I don't believe America's auto makers want to design cars to run on ethanol because they have been in bed with the oil industry too long.
Our next president just needs to tell the global market place that we are going to start being frugal with our relief aid so we can buy oil and we are going to be frugal with the amount of food stuffs, medical supplies, arms, etc. we are going to sell because oil is costing so much. If OPEC can dictate how many barrels of oil it will sell and how much it should sell for, than why can't we do that for our commodities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts