I officially agree that the world's crazy

Help Support CattleToday:

yesterday it was bologna and cheese samich....

today we are having our office pot luck Christmas Luncheon so the pickings should be a bit better.

melking":2bc2385z said:
skyhightree1":2bc2385z said:
none of yalls was as good as my potted meat and saltines

Dear lord, say it ain't true. My fathers favorite snack and every time he started I almost gagged.

My favorite too... You just don't know what your missing

A couple of slices of homemade pizza, with 4H pig sausage I make and some cheese-its. Nothing as fancy as crab legs.

skyhightree1":2379f5ni said:
melking":2379f5ni said:
skyhightree1":2379f5ni said:
none of yalls was as good as my potted meat and saltines

Dear lord, say it ain't true. My fathers favorite snack and every time he started I almost gagged.

My favorite too... You just don't know what your missing

I used to eat sardines and crackers

but I would prefer not to continue the practice in my doterage.....

I still eat potted meat....very often as a part of a quick lunch on the weekend when I am busy....more often a can of viennas...had some this weekend...

Some of you guys look like you like to eat to me. There's nothing wrong with sardines and tomato sauce or Spam. But I eat leftovers for my snacks and we cook accordingly.

Spam is one thing I ate so much of as a kid....

that I don't think I will ever push it down my neck again....

I can eat it but in my old age I prefer not to....

My daddy came thru the depression and he was the same way about rabbits and potatoes...said if he never ate another one of either it would be too soon...he used to hunt for the table with a slingshot...could knock cans off a fence quicker than a couple of us could set them up...

pdfangus":3mliqr1b said:

I enough salmon as a kid that I began to think I should go upstream to spawn. I could eat it but I avoid it with a passion.

I have eaten lot of crab. King, Snow, and Dungies. But they were straight from the salt water. I am not eating any crab that is miles and days from the where it was pulled out of the water. I don't care what the price is.

Dave":30bg2051 said:
pdfangus":30bg2051 said:

I enough salmon as a kid that I began to think I should go upstream to spawn. I could eat it but I avoid it with a passion.

I have eaten lot of crab. King, Snow, and Dungies. But they were straight from the salt water. I am not eating any crab that is miles and days from the where it was pulled out of the water. I don't care what the price is.

Dave you're missing out. Nothing like a big spread of "Fresh" crab in Amarillo. :lol2: :lol:

TexasBred":1b50bpjb said:
Dave you're missing out. Nothing like a big spread of "Fresh" crab in Amarillo. :lol2: :lol:
Or shrimp in salt lake city, that was the last time I had food poisoning.
I too don;t care if I ever eat another trout or salmon, but rock fish/snapper I can;t get enough of. Friend of mine said that they tasted so good they should be classified as BEEF. Hard for me to disagree

We eat shrimp at least once a week and try to eat fish at least once a week also, but I won't eat frozen fish so that's not always possible. We're definitely spoiled eating wise, beef is in third place in this household.

pdfangus":zgn8pgqc said:

My daddy came thru the depression and he was the same way about rabbits and potatoes...said if he never ate another one of either it would be too soon...he used to hunt for the table with a slingshot...could knock cans off a fence quicker than a couple of us could set them up...
. Been eating spam ""lite""" lately,,,pretty good stuff...love it fried

Yeah, you don't want to buying shrimp off a 'Fresh shrimp' truck parked on the side of a West Texas road and the truck has Minnesota plates on it.. I saw that once out near San Angelo..

greybeard":2cy1j88v said:
Yeah, you don't want to buying shrimp off a 'Fresh shrimp' truck parked on the side of a West Texas road and the truck has Minnesota plates on it.. I saw that once out near San Angelo..
I know first hand you don't want to eat any shrimp cocktail in Mexico. I was hoping someone would shoot me behind the ear for two days.

True Grit Farms":2yfpia3k said:
greybeard":2yfpia3k said:
I know first hand you don't want to eat any shrimp cocktail in Mexico. I was hoping someone would shoot me behind the ear for two days.
90% of domestic shrimp are frozen on boats right after they are caught. Very few actual "fresh" shrimp hit the docks to be sold directly to the public. Many of the "side of the road" guys buy frozen shrimp, thaw, bag them and sell as "fresh off the boat". Frozen shrimp has got a bad name. Shrimp are better when frozen onboard. Freezing fish changes the flavor. Freezing Shrimp does not change the flavor.
Grit, people from south of the border have stomachs of iron.

zirlottkim":2zwx6lly said:
True Grit Farms":2zwx6lly said:
greybeard":2zwx6lly said:
90% of domestic shrimp are frozen on boats right after they are caught. Very few actual "fresh" shrimp hit the docks to be sold directly to the public. Many of the "side of the road" guys buy frozen shrimp, thaw, bag them and sell as "fresh off the boat". Frozen shrimp has got a bad name. Shrimp are better when frozen onboard. Freezing fish changes the flavor. Freezing Shrimp does not change the flavor.
Grit, people from south of the border have stomachs of iron.
Sometimes I can taste the sodium bisulfate when they freeze the IQF shrimp offshore, but their still good. Most of the time we break the heads and freeze the shrimp ourselves. All shell fish freeze up good, you get out of the freezer what you put in it.

True Grit Farms":1kzzerqq said:
greybeard":1kzzerqq said:

:cboy: hey, just because y'all aren't "tough enough" to handle some West Texas, or below the border, cuisine, don't go around bad mouthing it to the rest of the world.....lol :cowboy:

ropinranger":15ixs2gs said:
True Grit Farms":15ixs2gs said:
greybeard":15ixs2gs said:

:cboy: hey, just because y'all aren't "tough enough" to handle some West Texas, or below the border, cuisine, don't go around bad mouthing it to the rest of the world.....lol :cowboy:
I'm not sure what the toughest part was, it was very tender running out of both ends.

skyhightree1":2h18lrti said:
TCRanch":2h18lrti said:
Are you at your local grocery store? Sad that snow crab legs are $32 a box but even worse, anti-theft devices?

Yes ma'am one of them ... Very sad.. cashier said she thinks food stamps don't pay for them anymore so people
started stealing them.
Cashier lied... employee theft creates more inventory 'shrink' than shoplifters.
Perhaps cashier was Very sad because of the cut back in her employee 'fringe' benefits.

ropinranger":2ushntvq said:
True Grit Farms":2ushntvq said:
greybeard":2ushntvq said:

Shrimp and crab legs doesn't qualify as "west Texas cuisine" anytime !!!! And this TexMex most sell ain't "below the border cuisine". You can take a lb. of hamburger, a head of lettuce, a tomato, a lb. of beans, a pkg of rice, a handful of cheese and handful of tortillas and make every dish on a texmex menu. Just give it a different name. Gotta be a profitable business.

Latest posts