I Normally Believe in Due Process...

Help Support CattleToday:

So unnecessary! There are many warped minds around, their deeds shall not go unpunished.....

I believe in due process as well. Twelve randomly selected people should be sat down in a room and they should have to view the security tape from the store and if all 12 agree that the fella in the tape was the fella who lit her afire then they should carry the SOB to the nearest tree and hang him. Also, if he had been released from prison early by a parole board the parole board needs to be lined up and bull whipped for 3 solid minutes by the family members of the poor lady. Of course, I'm sure many will disagree with my liberal views on matters such as this.

Jogeephus":fye1wk5o said:
I believe in due process as well. Twelve randomly selected people should be sat down in a room and they should have to view the security tape from the store and if all 12 agree that the fella in the tape was the fella who lit her afire then they should carry the SOB to the nearest tree and hang him. Also, if he had been released from prison early by a parole board the parole board needs to be lined up and bull whipped for 3 solid minutes by the family members of the poor lady. Of course, I'm sure many will disagree with my liberal views on matters such as this.
I agree with you....

This is sad indeed, however, this happens on a frequent regularity so this is nothing necessarily news worthy.

The criminal is caught, let the court and the prisoners deal with him. I promise there is a strict set of ethics in the criminal world concerning child abuse, women abuse, and animal abuse, particularly dog fighting (surprisingly). It's not tolerated to well at all. It's a bit sad to read yes, but I promise you another story ten times more horrifying will occur. Just mark my words :(

Jogeephus":3ku0qsde said:

I disagree Jo. It should be 5 min!

Get a rope!!!!!!
5# of napalm!!!!and a paint brush for each of the family members. after they are done painting him, give him a cigarette and a light it with a weed torch.

melking":3p3i60cx said:
weed torch? I might be interested...

And put it on YouTube.

About a week ago in a town just south of me a drugged crazed soon to be X husband attacked his wife (a nurse) in the hospital and beat her to death to death with a pipe so badly she was unrecognizable while their two children were in school. The police found him sitting on the couch in his house covered in her blood. That night - I'm told - there were hundreds of people outside the jail wanting to lynch him. The community was furious but he will get his day or years in court. I believe in due process but I think there are times where it is an open and shut case where all this court nonsense is unneccessary. Just git it done and move on.

believe it or not we knew a guy who ran his inlaws farm, they were in way beyond what they could handle, his wife worked at the local bank, when she got home from work that night he beat her with a 2 x 4, thought she was dead (she wasn't) then took her in the car, and on the top of a hill, staged it so it looked like she went over the cliff. They found her and she was still alive, but unrecognizeable-he was arrested, and when he went to trial, she testified for him, he got a light sentence, because his lawyer was able to prove that he was under a high level of stress, and they are still married-not dairy farming anymore, but its truly insane that she stayed with him, because how could you ever trust that person again? Could stress really make a normal person do something like this?

slick4591":1qgq158x said:

I think there are some crimes that need speedier justice.This fits the bill as does a case in MO here where a 9 year old child was raped and murdered 5 years ago, and one just went on trial-guilty and going to death, and the other is - still yet to be tried-they both confessed so why on earth should it take 5 years for them to get sentenced? sad thing is it will be another 15 before they die-its too bad they can't die the same way they killed their victim-I shudder for that poor child even today, thinking how terrible her last hours of her life must have been-and I sincerely wish for speedy death for these 2 animals

I can't help but wonder what the crime rate would be if our system actually made the criminals do the time instead of a fraction of it. I also don't think its right for the jury not to know the defendent's criminal history IF they had been let loose on society before they had actually served their full sentence. I mean if you are sentenced to LIFE and are let out in seven years and commit another crime the jury should be privy to this information. Just like the officers who were gunned down at the Dunkin Doughnut shop in Oregon (?) a few years ago by the man who was supposed to be serving 200 years in prison. This just doesn't make sense and I'd be willing to bet this piece of dirt by all rights should be behind bars rather than out setting innocent people on fire.

Jo, a jury gets to know all of that after they find him guilty if they are chosen to administer punishment. If they knew during the guilt/innocence phase it would be too prejudicial and might not render a just verdict.

I also agree that when the initial facts of an offense leaves no doubt, then it should be okay to whip him with a wire. :nod:

How about just shooting them in the head. No parole, and no getting out early. Plus we don't have to house and feed them.

Slick, this is how I understand our system works in Georgia. With the exception of capital offences, a jury has no say in the sentencing. All they can say is either guilty or innocent then its up to the judge to sentence based on federal guidelines. The exception, is capital cases. These are two tiered deals. Guilty in first hearing leads to sentencing in the second hearing and then the other stuff can come out to the jury. Light sentencing is the norm up till their fourth offence and after the judge can give the maximum. Unless of course, you kill a police officer, a fireman or someone like that cause their lives are somehow more valuable than the average taxpayer in the eyes of our system. I disagree with this. Just look at John Hinkley. He shot and wounded Reagan in 1981 so he's been sitting in a cell for 31 years and he didn't even kill anyone. In Georgia, you could kill someone and be walking the street in shorter time than that. Just doesn't make sense to me. And BTW - I see no difference in attempting to murder and murdering someone. Sentence should be the same. JMO

Right now we are waiting to put to death a guy who walked 2 young men into the woods and shot them both in the head. Guy said he wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.
The young men's only crime was being good guys offering their murderer and his friends a ride.

Now this slimeballs daughter is claiming he has changed and so on. BS! They want us to feed and cloth him for the rest of his nasty life. While his family can still have contact with him these young men's families still wait for justice. The daughter of one of the young men never got to see him.