I miss some folks on here.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
Isomade was back now he's gone again. Hoss checks in every once in a while. Same with Cross 7 or maybe he quit the hard stuff. And I wish Bigfoot would check back in. Jed's trying to work AC to death I guess. Inyati's no fun anymore, he's all business now. And Larryshoat must be having to work overtime. The list just keeps growing, maybe when the summer heat kicks in it will get good?

Texag is gone, so is greenwillow, one of the CB's , Knersie ...... It's just the way of CT ..... Dun's still here! :D

I think cross 7 got banned over something I have no idea what he said. At least that is what I got out of a thread a while ago. he was using a different name. I could be wrong. At least we have jogeephus to keep us on our toes.

presmudjo":3ov3vk9q said:
I think cross 7 got banned over something I have no idea what he said. At least that is what I got out of a thread a while ago. he was using a different name. I could be wrong. At least we have jogeephus to keep us on our toes.
Shanghai knows where cross went.

Today was one of the first nice days we've had. Jed sent a pic of planting corn the other day, I reckon they're running wide open about now. Hard to believe 2 years ago there was corn and beans up here by now. Saw some pics out of Texas the other day, man that corn looked pretty.

Larry

Yea where is Knersie? Ever since ya'll made fun of him in those red coveralls he's been kind of scarce! ;). He sure knows a lot about Hereford which is allways welcome here. Know if Jed would just tell us the story about that Beefalo all would be okeedokee. Maybe we ran em off talking about perfume and chocolate.......:)

The list should be quite long!

Crowder and Paint used to put a lot of character on the boards back in the day. There's many others. Some had differences and some simply lost interest.

Then someone new comes along.

There are a couple that I do not miss!

Flaguy, certherbeef, la4angus (rest in peace), Campground cattle .......... It's the way of CT.

M5farm":1ejy0ndp said:
presmudjo":1ejy0ndp said:
Shanghai knows where cross went.
cross7 got shangaied?

presmudjo":7g7ul7z4 said:

I've been on my best behavior ever since I ran out of beer :D
I did go to Isom's roping school and it's sure different on the other end of the state
Did your know there is grass that's really green like you see in pictures ?
This is me on one of his roping horses

highgrit":xkngk8ml said:
Inyati's no fun anymore, he's all business now. The list just keeps growing, maybe when the summer heat kicks in it will get good?

Highgrit, I been distracted with the calving. Now planning my spring activities. I will get my mind freed-up soon. :D

Hey, Adrian Craig was by Friday afternoon. He makes me think of Clint Eastwood, the way he smokes those little parodi cigars. He smoked two in the hour or so he spent with me. Adrian is a cool guy. He has one of the most distinct personalities I have seen. Never seen anyone quite like him. Not many people like him but they don't know how to enjoy unique people. I can tell he enjoys our friendship. He laughs a lot and I do too. We can say almost anything to each other. He tells some outlandish stories and I laugh and sometimes tell him he if full of shyt. He loves that! I hope to get a picture of him. I never noticed it until Friday, but he has no teeth. His hair is a mess and usually past time to cut. But the guy is very intelligent. He gets some things wrong. Let me give you an example: Have you ever heard of a "Horsehair Worm". They are a group of Nematode-like parasites.

Horsehair worms, also known as Gordian worms, belong to the group Nematomorpha. They are similar to nematodes but much longer (4 inches or longer) and very thin (1/80 to 1/10 inch diameter). Horsehair worms normally are found in water or wet areas, such as in or alongside streams or puddles but they can occur in cisterns, livestock watering troughs or most any open container with water. These curious creatures writhe slowly, contorting their hair-like bodies into intricate knots.

Horsehair worms develop as parasites in the bodies of grasshoppers, crickets, cockroaches, and some beetles. When mature, they leave the host to lay eggs. These interesting creatures are not parasites of humans, livestock, or pets and pose no public health threat.

Like many people, he believes a hair from a horse's tail falls into water and becomes a worm. It is folk lore but many people here still believe it. If it were my niece who believed that, I would explain it to her for her education but when someone like Adrian tells that, I just act dumb-founded and reply, "well imagine that".

highgrit":36rphlbr said:
Isomade was back now he's gone again. Hoss checks in every once in a while. Same with Cross 7 or maybe he quit the hard stuff. And I wish Bigfoot would check back in. Jed's trying to work AC to death I guess. Inyati's no fun anymore, he's all business now. And Larryshoat must be having to work overtime. The list just keeps growing, maybe when the summer heat kicks in it will get good?
All those guys are working men. (Well I'm still not sure about AC) They don't have time for this.

TexasBred":3f4zectn said:
highgrit":3f4zectn said:
All those guys are working men. (Well I'm still not sure about AC) They don't have time for this.
Kinda like me.. I work a job and my cattle business. I am blessed to have a job where I can check in on this site while I am on my computer.

i've been busy as can be... have too many irons in the fire.. have a new job where i will be working 6am-2pm mon-fri and maybe some weekends... not really hard work...but gotta be on my toes lol ... working security at a place called Mosaic... really cool place... but smelly and definitely dusty lol

Shantilly":3n61ujfr said:
i've been busy as can be... have too many irons in the fire.. have a new job where i will be working 6am-2pm mon-fri and maybe some weekends... not really hard work...but gotta be on my toes lol ... working security at a place called Mosaic... really cool place... but smelly and definitely dusty lol
You should talk to cowgirl8--she's all in to Mosaics. ;-)

Pretty much all the names mentioned are familiar, but I didn't really get to know many of them... I have more time for this in spring during calving while waiting on a cow, once summer rolls along I'll check in once in a while probably... I did recently get the internet at home, so that goes a long way on keeping up with conversations

greybeard":3g71bv9f said:
Shantilly":3g71bv9f said:

No me. I sold out back in May 2011. Looks like it was a good thing too. They are currently trading at around $49. Don't really know why.

backhoeboogie":3e3m8y4a said:
greybeard":3e3m8y4a said:
Shantilly":3e3m8y4a said:

No me. I sold out back in May 2011. Looks like it was a good thing too. They are currently trading at around $49. Don't really know why.
It was a pun--a double entendre--I was referring to her artwork.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90750

Latest posts