I hate Cats

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":mh03iofa said:
spoon":mh03iofa said:
The wife brought home a kitten not long after we got married. Coming from a cat hating family I told her to get rid of it. She said if I didn't like it I could go back home to my momma. That was 35 years and too many cats to count ago. I actually love cats now as long as they are inside cats. Outside cats make good target practice.

If fifty cats showed up here uninvited the dogs and kit cat would take care of a few (not by my choice) and I would have the humane society come get the rest and I would help find homes for them.

I do not justify killing for the sake of killing that is a major problem in the world already it starts with an animal and the leads to a human life.
:clap: :clap: well said hillsdown

hillsdown":16jao381 said:
I do not justify killing for the sake of killing that is a major problem in the world already it starts with an animal and the leads to a human life.

What a load of crap!

One of My Daughters worked at a Human Society for Companion animals. They worked very hard to adopt out the animals. This was in Saint Paul MN. The healthy good natured pets of all kinds were normally easy to find good homes for.

They were bombarded with feral cats of all ages. Well meaning people would live trap them and bring them in. [their easy to live trap] This HS even though very compassionate has no choice but to euthanize EVERY feral cat that comes in. They are not adoptable.

I don't mind cats, BUT keep them only as pets and ALWAYS spay and neuter.

The truth is, if you don't spay or neuter you cats, YOUR the one that's inhumane.

And killing a feral cat in a humane way, is the best alternative.

mnmt

mnmtranching":23d62jeo said:

The truth is, if you don't spay or neuter you cats, YOUR the one that's inhumane.

mnmt

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spaying and neutering is a necessity and you are right sometimes it is best to just kill them fast and kind. Cruelty to cats or any other animal is just sick. How anyone can take pleasure in suffering I will never know.

Victoria":2gqnt2fl said:
mnmtranching":2gqnt2fl said:

mnmt

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spaying and neutering is a necessity and you are right sometimes it is best to just kill them fast and kind. Cruelty to cats or any other animal is just sick. How anyone can take pleasure in suffering I will never know.

Yeah, what they said!

Alice

The cat has a litter box. It's not a problem. We use scented litter and clean it daily. I can't see how killing an animal leads to killing a human. I really see no connection at all. Millions of hunters kill millions of animals every year but it is very rare for one to kill a human and then it is usually an accident. To me killing feral cats is like shooting groundhogs or coyotes.

It is the point of killing for the sake of killing.Have you ever come across a dear or moose carcass whatever, that has had there rack removed and the meat has all been left to rot.Something was terribly wrong with the person that did that there was no remorse in killing for the sake of killing.
In my forensic science class we had do do a traceback chain of evidence of serial killers.I was given Ted Bundy and Clifford Olsen both had disturbing childhoods involving senseless killing of animals from skinning cats to more morib things that you would never want to imagine those that were given Jeffery Dahmer's case were very disturbed after seeing his files. Euthanizing animals that cannot be taken care of or lead productive lives is one thing but killing tame cats because they are a nuisance is another.
BTW I was not talking about feral cats.

Also FYI for those of you that pick off coyotes as target practice,,,,,,, did you know that you are doing more harm than good because the next pack that moves in will be deadly and probably calf killers if they (your current coyotes) do not bother you or your livestock you are better off letting them take the territory as you do not know what pack will come after them.

FWIW
I completely agree that you must spay and neuter, but truthfully how many on this board actually do that.

Some will shoot a cow rather than call a vet out or heaven forbid ask a neighbor for help, do you really think they will spend a hundred dollars to spay and neuter each cat.I highly doubt it.I am sure they are more of the problem than not.

All our pets are spayed and neutered; dogs and cats and yes even the cats around the place to control the mice population. My dogs keep the Tom's away.

Realistically if you neuter you shouldn't have to spay.

The wife has a couple barn cats that have both been fixed. Any other cat shows up on the place is instantly put to sleep with a 22 hornet. I figure i'm doing both myself and the cat a favor.
And the quickest way to get me riled up is for me to try to eat a meal and find dog or cat hair on my plate. And if you have either in the house it's gonna happen.
Cal

hillsdown said:
It is the point of killing for the sake of killing.Have you ever come across a dear or moose carcass whatever, that has had there rack removed and the meat has all been left to rot.Something was terribly wrong with the person that did that there was no remorse in killing for the sake of killing.
In my forensic science class we had do do a traceback chain of evidence of serial killers.I was given Ted Bundy and Clifford Olsen both had disturbing childhoods involving senseless killing of animals from skinning cats to more morib things that you would never want to imagine those that were given Jeffery Dahmer's case were very disturbed after seeing his files. Euthanizing animals that cannot be taken care of or lead productive lives is one thing but killing tame cats because they are a nuisance is another.
BTW I was not talking about feral cats.

Also FYI for those of you that pick off coyotes as target practice,,,,,,, did you know that you are doing more harm than good because the next pack that moves in will be deadly and probably calf killers if they (your current coyotes) do not bother you or your livestock you are better off letting them take the territory as you do not know what pack will come after them.

FWIW
I completely agree that you must spay and neuter, but truthfully how many on this board actually do that.

Some will shoot a cow rather than call a vet out or heaven forbid ask a neighbor for help, do you really think they will spend a hundred dollars to spay and neuter each cat.I highly doubt it.I am sure they are more of the problem than not.

All our pets are spayed and neutered; dogs and cats and yes even the cats around the place to control the mice population. My dogs keep the Tom's away.

Realistically if you neuter you shouldn't have to spay.[/quote]

~
You have all your facts correct, except for that last line.

Its takes TWO to have all those kittens.

And if you have an unspayed cat, an intact male WILL find a way to get to it.

The big excuse for not spaying females, here, is " She never leaves the house."

Until the relatives arrive and don't shut the door quick enough.......

Or until someone drops a male off and he finds a way to get into your cellar....

It happens. Often.

All the kittens that are dumped at the local shelters, from cats that "never" leave the house, are not the result of immaculate conceptions.

It amazes me that most folks are more worried about "equipment failures" that cause steer calves to be stags, than to be responsible and neuter BOTH female and male cats.

With all the scrutiny that farmers and ranchers are under about the responsible care of their animals, common sense would dictate that the spaying & neutering of the farm/house animals is animal job #1.

A local farm stand went out of business this summer because of the abundance of litters of kittens and puppies and a negative attitiude about doing the responsible thing.

The way in which a person takes responsible care of their animals makes a lasting impression.

Now, turn your speakers on and listen to this very catchy, educational, tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMzW3LIkNLA

Enjoy,

It is a KNOWN FACT that takeing pleasure in killing small creatures is a symptom of a sick mind that will go on to injurying/killing
small/weak humans. Yes,some animals must die-some so that we can eat,some for safety reasons. But it should be done quickly,with the least amount of pain possible. Oh,If you'll take the time/trouble to blow the horn before you start the truck,
you won't have to clean so much..

peg4x4":3t24lrt6 said:
It is a KNOWN FACT that takeing pleasure in killing small creatures is a symptom of a sick mind that will go on to injurying/killing
small/weak humans. Yes,some animals must die-some so that we can eat,some for safety reasons. But it should be done quickly,with the least amount of pain possible. Oh,If you'll take the time/trouble to blow the horn before you start the truck,

Oh,If you'll take the time/trouble to blow the horn before you start the truck,

Excellent point, Peg.

Alice

I do agree with spaying/neutering all cats and dogs.
I typed a long rebuttal but decided to delete it because there is no use beating a dead horse. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the rest. I'm done.

eat em! I've eaten mountain lion meat before, it 's real good. they're just lit
tle mountain lions.

When i bought this place in 1978 an moved out here i had plenty of Quail and Rabbits. An old woman across the road started raising cats about the same time. The cats wiped out the wild life in short order. I shoot every cat that i see.

There is nothing NOTHING! worse for wildlife then wild cats! Yes they should be taken out.

Latest posts