I can't believe this!

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
My son received in school suspension today for "breaking up a fight." I am not kidding. That is exactly was is on the discipline referral. I am so mad, I could just.....well I don't know. I would love to fax a copy of the discipline referral to the local newspaper, but I guess I should cool off first. Last year I chewed him out for watching a fight that put one of the students it the hospital. Apparently, in my son's school you can watch a fight without being punished, but try to break it up and you will be suspended.

isn't it amazing what happens in schools today and the reactions? i was talking to my calc teach about some of the changes in the h.s. today. :???:

That is ridiculous. I think I would have it in every local paper, and even try to talk to the school board or something. Ridiculous.

Where I teach, students can be disciplined for participating in, encouraging, instigating, watching (loitering), or interfering with students or staff attempting to break it up, but not for trying to stop it! They are given some type of positive reward for trying to make the school safer!

You are right that really sucks. I got kicked off a school bus once (actually more than once but that's another story) for something I didn't do. Myself and another guy got the boot for throwing a girls paper out the window. We were three seats in back of her at the time. We both stood up to go to her aid and bus driver only saw us in her mirror. My dad was livid when I told him. He went to school and raised hello. They then told him I was booted for standing while the bus was moving. Go figure.

You should fight it!

In our school district, it's zero tolerance. If there is a fight, you go and get teacher's to call the school cops. In the high schools, the school district cops are on campus. You don't get involved in the actual fight for this very reason. Otherwise you will get a ticket and have to go to court.

mom

TxSimbrahShower":kqo3ue55 said:
call the school cops.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Schools actually have police on staff???????????
What has this world come too?

Sure glad I live in the little hick town I do.

certherfbeef":3vyubx69 said:
TxSimbrahShower":3vyubx69 said:
call the school cops.

No kiddin, although even in our little town the school is rougher than it ever was when I was going there. I think its rediculous that a student can be punished for breaking up a fight. If it were me, I wouldn't bother cooling down. Idiotic rules like that need to be eliminated.

Rod

Sadly enough in a lot of schools now it is the ones breaking up the fights that get shot or stabbed. That's why a lot of school's don't allow students to be involved, even to break up the fight.

I got iicked out of school for hitting a guy bigger than me-and I had good reason. They asked him, and like that, I was on the phone with Dad. He was trying to make my friend (yeah, not all my friends are guys) to make out with him-so I hit him in the kisser.Don't regret it one bit. There's a lot of two bit retarted teachers out there-I dion't liek most of them cause i am discriminated cause I'm a country boy, wear wranglers, wear a hat, pants that fit, and my shirts are tucked in. I know my morals, and I know that I am better than them. Keep your chin up, and as Earl says, : What goes around, comes around.

Angus Cattle Shower":429icsjf said:
There's a lot of two bit retarted teachers out there-I dion't liek most of them cause i am discriminated cause I'm a country boy,

It's been a long time back, but I have been there-done that.
Don't let yourself resent them. You can't get above anything you resent.That pulls you down. Just hold yourself up and do your best. You can let yourself fall under them or hold yourself up and go above them. Your choice.

certherfbeef":31z9iber said:
TxSimbrahShower":31z9iber said:
call the school cops.

The school district has their own police department.
There are a total of 51 school campuses in our district.
10 high school/or equivalent campuses and 6 junior highs.
The high school/junior high complex that my son attends is out in the country. So yes there are district cops that are in the buildings at all times.

Info. from 2004, over 42,000 students in the district and it covers 348 square miles, that is the reason for the district police department.

mom

Angus Cattle Shower":1qxakf0o said:
There's a lot of two bit retarted teachers out there-I dion't liek most of them cause i am discriminated cause I'm a country boy, wear wranglers, wear a hat, pants that fit, and my shirts are tucked in.

I don't suppose the thought ever crossed your mind that these 'two bit retarted (your spelling, not mine) teachers', as you so eloquently put it, just might be caught between a rock and a hard place having to enforce rules that they had nothing to do with setting up? No, I didn't think so.

I only said that because going to school is a chore-no fun anymore because I am discriminated and pu tdown-not by classmates, bu tby the teachers. :mad: I proved this a week or so ago. I took my and a buddy's assignments, typesd them up the same, and at the end, changed names. Guess what? I got 11 out of 20 and he got 17. :mad: I try to give them nothing to put me down with, or add fuel to the fire. I keep to myself mostly, and I have never done one thing to them.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angus Cattle Shower":5f2dwnh7 said:
I only said that because going to school is a chore-no fun anymore because I am discriminated and pu tdown-not by classmates, bu tby the teachers. :mad: I proved this a week or so ago. I took my and a buddy's assignments, typesd them up the same, and at the end, changed names. Guess what? I got 11 out of 20 and he got 17. :mad: I try to give them nothing to put me down with, or add fuel to the fire. I keep to myself mostly, and I have never done one thing to them.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One should take into consideration that teachers chose their profession because they care for our youth, and want to educate/nurture them. If not, why put up with the BS, homework, low salaries, etc... There are plenty of easier jobs out there that pay more, require less education, and are less stressful. Any adult (specially a teacher) worth his salt will gladly show a young person respect if he/she earns it. The key word is earns.

It actually gets worse. While he was in in school suspension, he was require to run 2 miles in his boots and jeans and perform 710 pushup. If he stopped during the run, he would have to start over. Our district has a policy against corporal punishment, any physical punishment is consider corporal punishment by definition. So much torture for breaking up a fight. I can sue the teacher in civil court and bring criminal charges if I choose. I am giving myself a week to calm down, then I will decide if I want to go that route.

Latest posts