I can't believe this!

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom":2oo666f4 said:
It actually gets worse. While he was in in school suspension, he was require to run 2 miles in his boots and jeans and perform 710 pushup. If he stopped during the run, he would have to start over. Our district has a policy against corporal punishment, any physical punishment is consider corporal punishment by definition. So much torture for breaking up a fight. I can sue the teacher in civil court and bring criminal charges if I choose. I am giving myself a week to calm down, then I will decide if I want to go that route.

I would take my son into the Principals office, and tell him whatever happens do not break the fight up between me and the principal, it would be against school policy ;-)

He is 14. What complicates the situation is that I also teach in the district...Different school though.

I do agree that some schools are going way over board with their policies. I saw on the news the other day a younger boy had left a 3" pocket knife in his coat pocket, the night before he had be witteling a piece of wood. He realized it was in his pocket on the way to school, got to school and went straight to the office to turn it in... you guess it, expelled from school for bring a weapon to school, zero tolerance. Somtimes doesn't pay to do the right thing.

good luck,
Alan

Latest posts