I bet you stateside balers rarely encounter this problem...

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
....boa constrictors in your bales. :shock: :)

100_3738.jpg

100_3737.jpg

100_3736.jpg

I didn't see it when it happened, but this guy had actually been picked up by the machine and run through the baler. He was still alive (and not very happy) when I finally saw half his body hanging out of one of the bales. I dispatched him quickly with my 9mm.

This particular field (owned by an Italian family) was full of mice so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to encounter a boa or two. The hawks sure had a field day the day I was cutting. Here are few more shots from the baling.

100_3725.jpg

100_3732.jpg

100_3733.jpg

And finally, the most important part.....a happy client leaving with his bales. I wasn't too happy with the grass as it hadn't been cut all winter and also had some broadleaf clutter. But summer is setting in here and the buyers are happy when they can find bales.

100_3740.jpg

You're right. Around here it's turkeys, black ratsnakes and box turtles and field rats, lots of field rats

I hate it when you are so busy and focused on stacking hay that as you throw a bale you realize a snake is looking at you!!! Time to clean the shorts!!! Here it is blacksnakes, garter snakes, hawks, cats, fox and coyotes. He looks big enough to actually spoil that bale of hay if he wasn't found.

With critters like that crawling around, I would definitely want to be the guy driving the tractor or the truck and not stacking it.

No boa's around here but I have found lots of copperheads and black snakes; not to mention the wasp and hornet nests baled up in small bales! It's also fun when we had a good year for bumble bees and/or yellow jackets nests in the ground.

yikes, I have found the very odd rabbit, or mouse. Would not be very keen on all this snake business.

No boas here yet but I do so love to hear the satisfying thud of a rattlesnake going through the mower conditioner. Makes you feel all warm inside knowing there is one less in the world.

No boas but I have seen and SMELT a few mean looking garter snakes in some of our hay bales.

Here is the question I have been wanting to ask. If you live where there are palm tree's and Boa's.

Why in the he!! do you need to sit on a tractor all day baleing hay.

What am I missing here.

The first thing a Colorado farm kid learns is to always roll the bale towards you. Our snakes are smaller and make real funny rattling noises.

Caustic Burno":2o2022d9 said:
Here is the question I have been wanting to ask. If you live where there are palm tree's and Boa's.

What am I missing here.

To catch snakes dummie.

Jogeephus":23h1px2e said:
Caustic Burno":23h1px2e said:

What am I missing here.

To catch snakes dummie.

Dam that is funny. It is so simple here is my sign.

Latest posts