I bet those high priced Heifers....

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I bet those high priced heifers did this farm in. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

foreclosure_zpsofbmljwm.png

I bet it was the banks fault. I bet had they kept loaning them money they could have kept things going.

Dave":18vivky6 said:
It could have been the 4,300 square foot home too. Or the lifestyle that requires a 4,300 square foot home.

Why? I know everyone has their own loves in life but I have never understood the desire for a huge house. More to heat, more to pay taxes on, and more to clean. When the kids move out I want a four room 800 sq ft house. Bedroom, bath, kitchen, and den is all I need.

What are they getting an acre? Around us, its anywhere from 2000 to as far as you want to go..When we moved out here, land was under 300 an acre. The main part of our ranch was 265 an acre...Really really sounds funny now. People pay that for a meal out at a fancy place now.

hillbilly beef man":14o16enb said:
Dave":14o16enb said:
It could have been the 4,300 square foot home too. Or the lifestyle that requires a 4,300 square foot home.

Why? I know everyone has their own loves in life but I have never understood the desire for a huge house. More to heat, more to pay taxes on, and more to clean. When the kids move out I want a four room 800 sq ft house. Bedroom, bath, kitchen, and den is all I need.
no you don't. I lived in one while they were building my present home. 25' X 35'.
The Living room was 9' x 18'--had room for one wood burning stove, a couch and one end table. Dining/kitchen combination, tiny bathroom and a 12x12 bedroom. I built a porch on to it and nearly doubled the under roof sq footage of the place.

My first house was so small, I had to drop my pants in the hallway, and back in the bathroom to take a crap.

Bigfoot":16iqlyok said:
My first house was so small, I had to drop my pants in the hallway, and back in the bathroom to take a crap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hear ya! My first house was 900 square feet and built in 1911... just a solid square! I would tell people who visited to just keep turning left and you would eventually come out at the front of the house again!!

hillbilly beef man":6l8di3rs said:
Dave":6l8di3rs said:

800 sq ft?! Must have a huge bathroom! :)

greybeard":2gm69fzp said:
hillbilly beef man":2gm69fzp said:
Dave":2gm69fzp said:

no you don't. I lived in one while they were building my present home. 25' X 35'.
The Living room was 9' x 18'--had room for one wood burning stove, a couch and one end table. Dining/kitchen combination, tiny bathroom and a 12x12 bedroom. I built a porch on to it and nearly doubled the under roof sq footage of the place.

When my wife and I got married we lived in a 14x60 trailer. We could clean it top to bottem in an hour and a half, and I never had an electric bill over $100. I have a lot of good memories from that little trailer.

Beginning to sound like "the first liar doesn;t stand a chance"

Since it has a conservation easement it probably cant be divided and they have probably already been paid for the value of it if it was developed.

Jogeephus":2hy0r163 said:
I bet it was the banks fault. I bet had they kept loaning them money they could have kept things going.
Cold blooded suckers. Kept insisting on that one dam payment a month.

TN Cattle Man":wz5q5b6a said:
Bigfoot":wz5q5b6a said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hear ya! My first house was 900 square feet and built in 1911... just a solid square! I would tell people who visited to just keep turning left and you would eventually come out at the front of the house again!!
Lived in the big house I see.
Our first one was 24x36 864 sq feet I can relate.

I've driven by that place many, many times. There are a couple of others, along that same route, that are up for sale. Some really nice old farms/plantation type places.

I agree with what Kenny said regarding the conservation easement.