I am seeing red..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
:mad: :mad: I am so p@ssed off right now that I can completely understand why people lose it and take out their neighbors.

We rented hey land last year from a neighbor and he completely gouged us but that was OK because it was close and we could haul it ourselves. Also he got payed as soon as we had it baled.. We had an agreement <verbal only because he wouldn't lock in on a signed one> and now find out that he and his B.I.L. are going to put the hay up together. It is like talking to an idiot... :???:

Now I am screwed as he was the only one within about 40 miles or more that had hay for rent.

If I don't find something soon I am going to sell at least half my herd. As we only have 80 acres of hay land.

I refuse to by hay at 90-150 dollars a ton when the calves sell for under a dollar a pound.

So I am done for....:cry2: ..all my hard work over the last six years here done..I swear nothing but goshdarn hicks..

Ab beef here are your hillbilly's that Savanah was talking about..

They sound like greedy self-centered idiots to me. Awefully classy of them to give you such advance notice.(Sorry, don't mean to talk bad about your neighbors) Don't know what advice to give you about pulling the knife out of your back other than for you to remember the world is round and what comes around goes around. Also, do you think these two idjits will be able to work together? My guess is not. That's when things might could be renegotiated.

I'll do you one better. Had a signed contract on the farm next door to me, renews each December. This past Feb I found out the owner had told someone she and her children were going to put up the hay in squares and sell it theirselves, a written letter of notification 90 days prior to renewal was agreed upon as far as termination/modification to the lease - none was ever issued. When I questioned the landowner, she stated that she "forgot about that part" and refused to honor the agreement. The best part about it, she's my aunt. Or should I say was...

Jo,and CFpinz I agree completely .GREEDY SOB"s ,,,,,,,,,,WTF??????do they think that we are stupid????????

That sob had the same bs last year, he had an extra 50 acres that I wanted but said he was going to put it up himself ..so fine.. then came to me ( asked if I needed more hay) and wanted 90$'s a ton for it :lol: :lol: I saw him bale it three weeks later than we did ours and his got a sh@t load of rain ...he then said oh that was a good thing that I didn't need it because he has had SOOOOOOOO many offers on it..BS.. it is still all sitting there..

His BIL is the same dildo that he was B@tching to me about last year that has yet to pay him for the barley he has put up the last three years..

My neighbor says he is a nut case as when he had cattle he had to call them ALL the time to PULL a calf ...15 years buddeyy learn how to work..

Hubby says that they/he is jealous that I have a really good herd and do all by myself.. I will side with hubby,, :heart:

I am still totally p@ssed off...where is the "smilies" of one obliterating the other... :cry2:

Just think of a pleasing thought. Something like a big dark cloud on the horizon and your neighbors baler brakes down and he shows up wanting to borrow yours. No can do, cause you got a fella coming to rotate and balance the tires. ;-)

i like you hills down....you think like me....ill leave this alone though...good luck with that lighning strike that burned his fields down

If you can't feed your cattle off of your own ground you are speculating in a high risk market.
And I don't know how folks can buy feed and make any money.

It is unfortunate but quite obvious that informal agreements often break down, and more formal ones like cfpinz had are usually not worth the paper they are written on.

When it comes to your neighbours - what goes around comes around.

The hay isn't off yet hd, there may be a lot of it around this year if too many folks haven't put it into grain.Sure hope you don't need to reduce your herd, that hurts for years.

Lots of hay stretching advice available in here if you get caught short.

Good luck.

sorry to hear you lost a lease on a meadow close to home.that just flat out sucks as it will cause you to sell half your herd.maybe you can find some cheap hay close by.

I was leasing a pasture right across from my house. Gave lady a check for the next year, then 2 weeks later she tells me she selling place and week after that it is sold. She did not really want to give me back the money but finally did. She had to know she was thinking about selling, but had told me a month or 2 before this that I would have the place as long as I wanted it.

hillsdown":1r0iwsov said:
:mad: :mad: I am so p@ssed off right now that I can completely understand why people lose it and take out their neighbors.

We rented hey land last year from a neighbor and he completely gouged us but that was OK because it was close and we could haul it ourselves. Also he got payed as soon as we had it baled.. We had an agreement <verbal only because he wouldn't lock in on a signed one> and now find out that he and his B.I.L. are going to put the hay up together. It is like talking to an idiot... :???:

Now I am screwed as he was the only one within about 40 miles or more that had hay for rent.

If I don't find something soon I am going to sell at least half my herd. As we only have 80 acres of hay land.

I refuse to by hay at 90-150 dollars a ton when the calves sell for under a dollar a pound.

So I am done for....:cry2: ..all my hard work over the last six years here done..I swear nothing but goshdarn hicks..

Ab beef here are your hillbilly's that Savanah was talking about..

Yeah it sure sounds like it...what a couple of dipsh!ts...hope everything works out for ya, one way or another. We just started having the guy that rents our home quarter plus the other quarter we own across the road work the land, so so far so good...

I dunno what else to say, but good luck to ya, HD!

When what has gone around comes back around, they are not going to understand why you harbor ill feelings towards them. It's amazing the level that some people will stoop to.

hillsdown":2bm0um7a said:
Jo,and CFpinz I agree completely .GREEDY SOB"s ,,,,,,,,,,WTF??????do they think that we are stupid????????

That sob had the same bs last year, he had an extra 50 acres that I wanted but said he was going to put it up himself ..so fine.. then came to me ( asked if I needed more hay) and wanted 90$'s a ton for it :lol: :lol: I saw him bale it three weeks later than we did ours and his got a sh@t load of rain ...he then said oh that was a good thing that I didn't need it because he has had SOOOOOOOO many offers on it..BS.. it is still all sitting there..

His BIL is the same dildo that he was B@tching to me about last year that has yet to pay him for the barley he has put up the last three years..

My neighbor says he is a nut case as when he had cattle he had to call them ALL the time to PULL a calf ...15 years buddeyy learn how to work..

Hubby says that they/he is jealous that I have a really good herd and do all by myself.. I will side with hubby,, :heart:

I am still totally p@ssed off...where is the "smilies" of one obliterating the other... :cry2:

Maybe his baler will catch on fire in the field and the dummy isn't carryin' a fire exteguisher.

Latest posts