Hydraulic fluid

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Anyone have a magic formula for getting hyraulic fluid out of clothes?

Thanks

Simple green. Dump a coffee can 1/3 full of water and add about that much simple green. Empty your pockets and get nekkid. Dump your clothes in the coffee can and agitate. Take them out, wring them out and stick them in again. Lay them on the tail gate and they are dry in about 3 to 4 minutes when it is 100 plus and 8 percent humidity.

So now, there's got to be a story behind this hydraulic issue. Do we get to hear?

Dawn dishwashing liquid will cut about any oil or grease. I use it on my clothes all the time. Just squirt some on the spot rub it in and then just wash them in the washer as usual.

upfrombottom":2key6ink said:
Dawn dishwashing liquid will cut about any oil or grease. I use it on my clothes all the time. Just sqirt some on the spot rub it in and then just wash them in the washer as usual.
That was my first thought too. Tried it and there are still oily spots. Maybe I should just soak all of the pants and shirt with it, then there wouldn;t be any spots for the wife to gripe about

Resolve - used to be Spray and Wash - works pretty good for me. I usually just spray down the area good and throw it in the washer with a cup of Era and a cup of baking soda. When I worked in the lead mines my clothes were always soaked with diesel and hydraulic. My wife refused to put them in her washer. She always took them to the laundromat and used a cup of Era, a cup of dish detergent, and a cup of baking soda. She brought them home and put them straight into my truck - said '"they still stink and they ain't goin' in my house!" They probably did, I was just so used to it I didn't notice.

dun":309wcjsf said:

Thanks
Wife gets some stuff called AWESOME and she will use that and Dawn and it works really well she spot treats and lets soak and then treats again then adds a little Awesome to the wash water
just don't take a big whiff of it as it will knock ya out

also sudsy amonia works pretty well

dun":24o89q5o said:

Thanks

I was going to say Dawn too, but see it didn't work. A few years ago I got a bunch of gas on my cloths and tried washing them with all kinds of stuff, nothing worked, MikeC suggested tossing a handful of GoJo into the washer with them. Worked like a charm.

Not something I would worry about . I just give em to the wife !

Looks like there are more than a few housewives here.

Wrap them round a rusty bolt cause previous threads reckon it frees rusty bolts.

tytower":1xhhsboo said:
Not something I would worry about . I just give em to the wife !

Looks like there are more than a few housewives here.

Wrap them round a rusty bolt cause previous threads reckon it frees rusty bolts.
It's the wife that's whining about the stuff. I couldn;t care less except to shut her up.

i use hand cleaner & dawn wash 3-4 cycles,in my washer . last cycle no soap to rinse/wash all dawn out. then let hang in sunlight for few days to evaporate smell. rain helps too. then wash in wifes washer with regular soap she uses. stains will be there but not as distinct

Latest posts