Hooking up Hydraulic Hoses

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin

Reaction score
After watching the guys hooking up those hoses and changing them around so this arm moves with this switch and this one with that switch, oh, and it's different on the other brand tractor. So much wasted time. Well , I thought of a way to help

One the first tractor place colored zip ties on the outlets - use 2 same color if need be - now hook up your implement and when correctly connected, place the corresponding ties on that implements hoses. Use same implement on next tractor and place corresponding zip ties on tractor outlets. And so on till all tractors and implements ate zip tied. LOTS of precious time is saved hooking up.

Valerie

1982vett":6oxb8hbm said:
You must be a young-un.......Us old pharts have been marking the hoses for years.... :D
Everything old is new again............... to somebody

We band each set of hoses togather then on the right hose of each set (the hose with the tie goes in the hole on the right) we put the number of ties that match the number of the box it goes to be it 1,2,3, or 4 And even with it that simple some of the guys can't hook them up right.

jedstivers said:
We band each set of hoses togather then on the right hose of each set (the hose with the tie goes in the hole on the right) we put the number of ties that match the number of the box it goes to be it 1,2,3, or 4 And even with it that simple some of the guys can't hook them up right.[/quote]
with your crew I can't beleive that

1982vett":2lrxcyef said:
You must be a young-un.......Us old pharts have been marking the hoses for years.... :D
Wish I was - LOL. You guys shouldn't keep these neat tricks a secret! There are "newbies" you know and those of us a little "slow" in the "smarts" dept ;-)
Valerie

vclavin":yidl5vn0 said:
1982vett":yidl5vn0 said:
Wish I was - LOL. You guys shouldn't keep these neat tricks a secret! There are "newbies" you know and those of us a little "slow" in the "smarts" dept ;-)
Valerie

Valerie, Its the getting old part that's killing me. Can't remember which filter to buy anymore etc. Things used to get burned into the memory bank. Maybe it got too full with useless info in my younger days. I'm writing piece part numbers down and marking everything.

vclavin":1xcg7jsh said:
1982vett":1xcg7jsh said:
Valerie
I just figured it was intuitive.

Do you southern fellas color code your stuff in Spanish or should I say mexanish? we gotta start doin gthat In Kentucky.

vclavin":3c6wc61y said:
1982vett":3c6wc61y said:
Valerie

Thanks for the tip, Val. I usually just paint the hose end and the remote fitting it goes to. These folks on here have a combined knowledge base of about a bazillion years. I learn something new every time I log on to this site. If you go to the "Trucks, Tractors ..." forum you will see what I'm talkin' about. There was a discussion on tractor hydraulic remotes and valves, etc. They were talkin' about 3 and 4 remotes on a tractor and I, personally, never saw an application for using more than two. So I asked .... Turns out there are a lot of applications for more than two remotes but I don't use or have that kind of equipment so it never dawned on me how it was used.

Got any more ideas? Lets hear 'em.

My system isn't as fancy but it works also: I simply hook the hoses up, climb up in the cab of the tractor and do a test, climb back down and go switch the hoses, climb back in the tractor for second test, realize I somehow hooked them up the same way, climb back down and hook them up the right way and promise that this time when I am done in the field I am going to mark everything. I've been using this system for years and it hasn't failed me yet.

ChrisB":1qibjjsc said:
My system isn't as fancy but it works also: I simply hook the hoses up, climb up in the cab of the tractor and do a test, climb back down and go switch the hoses, climb back in the tractor for second test, realize I somehow hooked them up the same way, climb back down and hook them up the right way and promise that this time when I am done in the field I am going to mark everything. I've been using this system for years and it hasn't failed me yet.

Crack me up! :clap: We don't happen to be related do we?

lavacarancher":1glqnafp said:
vclavin":1glqnafp said:
1982vett":1glqnafp said:
Valerie

Thanks for the tip, Val. I usually just paint the hose end and the remote fitting it goes to. These folks on here have a combined knowledge base of about a bazillion years. I learn something new every time I log on to this site. If you go to the "Trucks, Tractors ..." forum you will see what I'm talkin' about. There was a discussion on tractor hydraulic remotes and valves, etc. They were talkin' about 3 and 4 remotes on a tractor and I, personally, never saw an application for using more than two. So I asked .... Turns out there are a lot of applications for more than two remotes but I don't use or have that kind of equipment so it never dawned on me how it was used.

Got any more ideas? Lets hear 'em.
We are small as well , but the loader requires 4 outlets and the brush hog requires 2 outlets. We have only 4 available at one time. So, we take the loader off or hang the hoses so they are out of the way.
We carry extra zip ties - a few real large one as well - in the tractor tool box box for emergencies.
Valerie

vclavin":vtfc1r5s said:
We are small as well , but the loader requires 4 outlets and the brush hog requires 2 outlets. We have only 4 available at one time. So, we take the loader off or hang the hoses so they are out of the way.
We carry extra zip ties - a few real large one as well - in the tractor tool box box for emergencies.
Valerie
They make an inexpensive electric over hydraulic valve for that.

bannedagain":3ldgazra said:
vclavin":3ldgazra said:
Valerie
also make a manual diverter valve for it also
put one on for a neighbor who wanted a grapple on his loader
can't remember how much$$$ but it wasn't much, less than $200

Angus Cowman":g951fr18 said:
bannedagain":g951fr18 said:
vclavin":g951fr18 said:
Valerie
also make a manual diverter valve for it also
put one on for a neighbor who wanted a grapple on his loader
can't remember how much$$$ but it wasn't much, less than $200
Hubby had a diveter on the old Ford 5000, I'll have to tell him about the electric over hydraulic c=valve thingy -l;ol Thanks !
Valerie

Latest posts