Hyd. Coupling type question

Help Support CattleToday:

Lisagrantb

Reaction score
I'm trying to order some caps and plugs that cover the male and female ends on hydraulic couplings on my tractor and equipment. I want to make sure I'm getting the correct ones, I think there ISO type A couplings. Can someone confirm and if you have a good source that would help me to. Thanks

different tractor manufacturers use different types of hydraulic fittings so without a pic it is hard to see what you have. I would call your tractor dealer and tell them what you are looking for. your owners manual should also tell you if you have one. the same tractor can also have different size of couplers on it. If you have an extra coupler laying around, take it to your local farm supply store or your dealer. They probably have what you need right there.

I know back in the 70s each manufacturer was different but now everyone has standardized. My kubota, JD, case and Ford all take the same type fittings

I know back in the 70s each manufacturer was different but now everyone has standardized. My kubota, JD, case and Ford all take the same type fittings
if they are the standard pioneer fittings, you can get the plastic caps and covers almost anywhere.

Last edited:
1/2" ISO 5675 is the most common I believe.

Tractor manufacturers switched to ISO across the board sometime in the 80s, before that Case, IH, JD, etc. all had their own style. Unless your stuff is older than that, some 5675 covers are all you should need.

TSC or any other farm supply store likely have them.

Thanks. I knew they were iso but didn't know he exact ones. I have a couple 70s tractors but long ago I converted them to iso type.

Is there a quick way to determine the size of the coupler on ISO Ag connections? For instance, I just found a hay unroller that my father had built and I need to replumb the hydraulics. The ones on it appear to be 3/8" couplers (at least they are on a 3/8" hose, and I need a larger coupler to fit on my tractor and I am not sure that 1/2" will be large enough. Is there a quick way to measure so I won't have to be hit and miss on the size I need?

Is there a quick way to determine the size of the coupler on ISO Ag connections? For instance, I just found a hay unroller that my father had built and I need to replumb the hydraulics. The ones on it appear to be 3/8" couplers (at least they are on a 3/8" hose, and I need a larger coupler to fit on my tractor and I am not sure that 1/2" will be large enough. Is there a quick way to measure so I won't have to be hit and miss on the size I need?

A 1/2" ISO nipple should take a 1 1/16" wrench.

"What size of Hydraulic Quick Connect Couplers Do I Need?" https://summit-hydraulics.com/what-...ou are measuring the,to get the right measure.

Latest posts