Hwange Park Zimbabwe home of Cecil D. Lion

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
8/24/15 Professional Safari guide Quinn Swales age 40 was fatally mauled to death by a charging male lion in Hwange Park in
Zimbabwe while doing a walking safari with 6 American tourists.
One of the tourists tried to shoot the lion with her camera, but apparently missed.
Hwange Park was formerly the home of Cecil and the incident should be investigated as a possible revenge killing.

I saw this and my first thought was a revenge killing. As I think about it there is a possibility this could be a hate crime.

I do wonder about walking around this area without a very large gun. I worked in brown bear country in Alaska. Everyone packed serious firepower where ever the went. I packed a 375 H&H. A sweet little gun to pack. An absolute terror to shot. But I figured if a bear was chewing on your toes you wouldn't notice the recoil.

I have to be honest. At first I thought you were making this up so I googled it to see where you were coming from. Shyt, you just can't make this kind of stuff up. Am going to have fun with this with my liberal friends who were so offended by Cecil's death.

Set out on foot tracking a lion and her young cubs, I don't know why they would have expected anything else to happen. Dang.

Jogeephus":duyumm4l said:
I have to be honest. At first I thought you were making this up so I googled it to see where you were coming from. Shyt, you just can't make this kind of stuff up. Am going to have fun with this with my liberal friends who were so offended by Cecil's death.

If that guide was a native black man the lion doesn't have a chance. It will definitely be considered an attack motivated by race. I'm sure our Attorney General has already volunteered her services to see that the lion is taken care of.

hunted in Zimbabwe myself, PH's carry a big backup gun for a reason.

Latest posts