Hurricane Season

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter":3lbhzqu7 said:
yep I need some birdshot...just in case some folks try to make luv to my things

When I went to Walmart yesterday I noticed they had the 7.5 gallon jugs of water, coolers, batteries and other supplies in a display for sale. I have got plenty of ammo, went to crank the diesel generator yesterday and the battery was kaput, jumped it off gotta get a battery today. Ran the small gasoline generator for shop power. As much fun as it was after Rita you had better have a side arm or scattergun. Thats the bad part about a hurricane you have been hammered by the storm and you have all the evacuees to contend with. Most are good people that want to go back and see if they have anything left, it is a target rich enviroment for the unsavory bunch as well.

I took four practice shots yesterday at an unsavory character you couldn't read and didn't understand what a gate and a posted sign meant.

Hurricanes are bad news. Rita kicked my rear, I had my boats in Lake Charles, La. and that was after we road out Katrina in Larose, La. 3 weeks earlier. As horrific as mother nature's been this year, I hope and pray nothing major hits La. again.

Latest posts