hubby was happy

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Hubby called home last night at 2 am. He was all excited. He just filled the tanks on the KW and only spent $380. He was so tickled he felt the need to tell me right away. :roll:

It was takeing between $550 and $650 to top it off before. It even got up over $700 once. Now with the fuel prices comming down a bit we can see some profit at the end of the week.

Never thought I say it but, it is a relief to see $2.00 fuel.

certherfbeef":3grweiuq said:
Hubby called home last night at 2 am. He was all excited. He just filled the tanks on the KW and only spent $380. He was so tickled he felt the need to tell me right away. :roll:

It was takeing between $550 and $650 to top it off before. It even got up over $700 once. Now with the fuel prices comming down a bit we can see some profit at the end of the week.

2 am? :shock: He was excited, but I'm wondering how understanding you were? :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it just proves that everything is, indeed, relative. ;-) It is always a good thing to be able to turn a profit! ;-) :D

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3k79phtk said:
Yup that's right where they want us,happy about $2.00 fuel.

When I started driving, it was .65/gal ...... and now I get excited at the mere thought of 2.09 -- there's something wrong with that! :oops:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3htu7tfa said:

I am ecstatic at $2.00 per gallon. Sounds like a good deal to me. That stuff surely is hard to find, hard to get out of ground and difficult to turn oil into gasoline. Kind of amazing they can sale it so cheap if you ask me.

Now if they could just do something about the truly high prices. Bottled Water, Milk, Nike Sneakers and Price of a Ribeye. ;-)

My guess is that we can all enjoy lower fuel cost until election day is over. :roll: Funny how it works that way.

More than a year ago, a distributor told us they intended to keep raising it until we would be glad to see $2.00 gasoline. Here we are--happy as they want us.

Ned Jr.":2otylkvk said:
My guess is that we can all enjoy lower fuel cost until election day is over. :roll: Funny how it works that way.

Read in news that OPEC was meeting to lower production, not so sure they will wait or maybe it is within the time line since election is only a month away.

aplusmnt":3e80b3bj said:
Ned Jr.":3e80b3bj said:

Read in news that OPEC was meeting to lower production, not so sure they will wait or maybe it is within the time line since election is only a month away.

I also heard this, like they aren't rich enough, lower production, raise the prices, gimme a break!

GMN

TnWI":ate6ktaz said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":ate6ktaz said:

When I started driving, it was .65/gal ...... and now I get excited at the mere thought of 2.09 -- there's something wrong with that! :oops:

Try 19 cents a gallon. But 2 dollars an hour was pretty good pay, it is all relavent.

Caustic Burno":2hf5wom4 said:
TnWI":2hf5wom4 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2hf5wom4 said:

Try 19 cents a gallon. But 2 dollars an hour was pretty good pay, it is all relavent.

I'd say to some point it is relevant, this past years high fuel costs are not relevant to my pay, or budget.

GMN

GMN":8f4orugz said:
Caustic Burno":8f4orugz said:
TnWI":8f4orugz said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":8f4orugz said:

I'd say to some point it is relevant, this past years high fuel costs are not relevant to my pay, or budget.

GMN

There was some serious one year spikes this last year. But as a rule gas prices have stayed below the cost of living increases.

When I look back twenty + years it was a lot harder to fill the car up at $.89 a gallon than it is now at $2.00. If a average plant worker had to fill up a Car once a week in say 1982 with a 20 gallon tank and the same car using one tank of gas a week now. It would cost $22.20 more now for that tank of gas.

If a person is not making $22.20 more a week now than they were in 1982 (24 years ago) they got some serious Career planning to do. Especially with the increase of gas mileage a car gets in the last 24 years. I bet the average Americans gas purchase for a week has only went up around $18.00 per week in 24 years.

Caustic Burno":pl9rbfdd said:

And there were water fountains at the gas station too. Now you have to buy bottled water and a 16 oz bottle is $1.19. Or you can get a coke on sale for $0.79. Wht is wrong with that picture? Cokes were a nickel each back then.

backhoeboogie":3nmqodpg said:
Caustic Burno":3nmqodpg said:

And there were water fountains at the gas station too. Now you have to buy bottled water and a 16 oz bottle is $1.19. Or you can get a coke on sale for $0.79. Wht is wrong with that picture? Cokes were a nickel each back then.

We have a local gas station that charges 50 cents if you want to get air. I understand those that put those coin machines outside. But this guy as a big compressor and wants you to come inside and pay him 50 cents to get air.

I buy my gas down the street were the gas station gives free air.

msscamp":2mvwu8c3 said:
certherfbeef":2mvwu8c3 said:

2 am? :shock: He was excited, but I'm wondering how understanding you were? :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it just proves that everything is, indeed, relative. ;-) It is always a good thing to be able to turn a profit! ;-) :D

if you can cut my fuel bill in half I'll send my phone number and I promise i won't get mad if you tell me about it at 2am :lol: