How's your bank doing?

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat

Reaction score
This happened to a friend and he sent the link.

I tried logging into my bank this morning to pay my credit card bill and I got a message that said this service is unavailable… The login page would not even come up. This story tells about this problem being world-wide. It probably affected you even if you did not know it. The moral of the story is what you make it out to be. For me, it means keep cash on hand and keep my accounts up to date. You also may have to be ready to start paying bills by US mail again. I suspect that this is not going to be so rare in the near future.

Guess I'm old fashioned, I pay bills via U.S. Mail. Credit cards are okay, debit cards no way. Anything you can get into on the Internet, at least one other person in the world can too. If you want something to be secure, don't put it on a computer. Just my 2 cents.

My banks are 100% fine.
I don't bank in New Zealand or Mexico.
On September 12 customers of Mexico's largest bank were unable to use their debit cards or ATMs for 19 hours. The bank blamed it on an internal failed computer system update. The bank gave cash bonuses to affected customers.

Seems the "Sky is Falling" Chicken Little crowd is running wild again.
p.s.
I always carry some glass beads and tobacco in a lock box in the pickup when traveling, in case I need to barter my way out of a pinch. :) :)

Last edited:
The moral of the story is what you make it out to be.
I make it out to be yet another 'the sky is falling' article from Daniel Ivandjiiski aka Tyler Durden. There is a Reason FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority banned Ivandjiiski from ever again being a broker or acting like a broker

As the late great James Brown said to Eddie Murphy :

"Bury your money, out in the woods. Where the lawyers, agents & women can't get it."

Always loved that advice. Sounded crazy when I first heard it thirty+ years ago.

As the late great James Brown said to Eddie Murphy :
"Bury your money, out in the woods. Where the lawyers, agents & women can't get it."
Always loved that advice. Sounded crazy when I first heard it thirty+ years ago.
And it still sounds crazy today. Your gut instinct and first reaction is often right.

IRS seized $40,000 in certified checks and $600 cash from James Brown prison cell.
James Brown and other tax cheats are the last people I would listen to for financial advice and the same goes for most any musician.

Last edited:
Don't be overly concerned. In the fine print of the Fed's Digital Dollar Contract:

"Should an interruption of power occur, we have contracted with leading helicopter service companies (Amazon, FedEx and UPS) to initiate helicopter drops of money directly to your residential address."