How's this for fly control

Help Support CattleToday:

NonTypicalCPA

Reaction score
Looking for opinions. I have free choice Purina wind/rain with IGR. Using Ultra Saber pour on. Finally a back rub with permectrin II. I'm trying to get out ahead of the fly season here in Michigan.

Since you're going all out I would skip pouring your breeding bulls with the Saber, because I'm a worry wart and would
fear hitting bulls too hard might lower sperm count. But that's just me, I have no documentation to back me up.
Shouldn't whole herd IGR and back rub be enough for the bulls? Or does everyone think I worry too much?

NonTypicalCPA":1g9o3s4t said:
Looking for opinions. I have free choice Purina wind/rain with IGR. Using Ultra Saber pour on. Finally a back rub with permectrin II. I'm trying to get out ahead of the fly season here in Michigan.
Add a few pounds of those little predator wasps and you should be good to go. :nod: :nod:

Toss in pasture rotation and you should have about every thing covered that you can

Son of Butch":31hk6iok said:
Ol' 243":31hk6iok said:
I started using a product called Justifly this year, it is made by Champion. It REALLY works.
Isn't that IGR by a different name?

Not really sure, I saw it advertised on RFD TV a few months ago, started asking around and found a local guy that used it last year, he was really high on it. I bought a 6 pack of it (83 bucks on Amazon) and started feeding it in late March. I have zero fly problems. I stopped at my neighbors pasture last week, his cows are swarming with flies.

Latest posts