How to market it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I caught a wild steer for a neighbor. It was born on his place of course. He banded it at birth, and it turned out to be very very wild. He got it in his catching pen once or twice, but it always managed to jump out. It's 18 months old, and weighs close to a thousand, I would guess. Maybe more like 950. All the yards are shut down for the holiday, so I brought it to my house. Considering how crazy it is, and what it's been through since Wednesday, it's settled down considerably. The thing has never had anything but grass and hay. It's never been vaccinated for anything. I've thought about encouraging him to run it on Craigslist as grass fed, and all natural (which it is). I'm a little afraid it will be a dark cutter. He's a nice guy, but not the most prosperous. I think it will be worth twice as much on the rail, as it will be at the sale barn. I ain't got the heart to charge him for catching it, and hauling it.

Sale barn for me. Easier and He'll have more in his pocket from it than he did before you caught it for him.

fitz

fitz":aote4nby said:
Sale barn for me. Easier and He'll have more in his pocket from it than he did before you caught it for him.

fitz
Ditto

Your right. If the calfs age don't hurt its sale, then he should get a good check for him. I know the guy lives on a fixed income. I thought it might help him out some to sell it for slaughter.

He was easy load. Jumped right on the back, and tried to run through the front.

Latest posts