How to make the perfect tomato sandwich

Help Support CattleToday:

Auburn_Ag":wpw41j5a said:
Jo have you or anyone else every had a Fried Green Tomato Sandwich. Now no way does it replace a good ol ripe tomato sandwich with Bama Mayo, but it is one of those thing you much try before you die! :tiphat:

I like fried green tomatoes but never had a sandwich made out of them. Bets its good though. Kinda like fried ice cream. :nod:

CHHSFFA":sqskgzf4 said:
Sunbeam Bread, Miracle Whip, and thick sliced tomatoes still warm from being on the vine in the sun!

My favorite too. But do you know how to tell if it is GENUINE Sunbeam bread? (this ought to date you if you know the answer ;-) )

Santas and Duhram Reds":sqskgzf4 said:
take any tomato sandwich recipe you've got and then take the tomato out. Now that's good eatin'

A mayonaise sandwich is kinda bland. :lol2:

Jo,

You gotta try it this way:

Slice up a big ol' mater in 1" thick slices (beefsteak maters work good for this).
Baste the slices in olive oil and add salt / pepper / garlic powder / basil
Lay on a hot grill preferably charcoal
When mater slices are getting hot add a thick slice of pepperjack cheese
When cheese has melted but not overly runny put the mater ensemble on toast smeared with mayo
Garnish with your choice of bacon, green pepper rings, jalapeno pepper or onion.

Enjoy! This is the way I like maters in the summer when I am cooking out on the grill. I sometimes grill them this way and eat them with my steak (sans the bread of course).

Santas and Duhram Reds":2dafwuo7 said:
take any tomato sandwich recipe you've got and then take the tomato out. Now that's good eatin'
That's like a Champion Sausage maker that says " The best Deer sausage is Pork.....:)"

sadly the drought we are having has taken out my garden.

the tomaotes were just starting to get ripe too.

We are buying tomaotes from the produce stand from South Carolina

there are local tomaotes but they run 3.00 a lb now.

normal year we are up to our ears in tomaotes

take a crusty bread roll cut in half spread with butter, cut up a tommy place inside and eat. I have just eaten one and now fancy another, along with my cup of tea, but can't as it is bed time and may give me heart burn. I'll save some tommies for breakfast with bacon and egg. My son calls them 'tommy ta farters' as they give him horrid wind. to much info sorry.

ga.prime":2ydlzv4f said:
chrisy":2ydlzv4f said:
I'll save some tommies for breakfast with bacon and egg.
Be good with the black pudding.
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....Yuck, yuck, yuck,
StanSick.gif
I hate Black pudding.

Latest posts