How to find a processor?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
The processor in my area stopped taking live animals several years ago and now only processes wild game. I seem to recall there is a website that I can search for processors? Is it a USDA website?

The processor in my area stopped taking live animals several years ago and now only processes wild game. I seem to recall there is a website that I can search for processors? Is it a USDA website?
M&M in Lampasas.....they have done 2 hogs and a steer for me and a steer for a employee of mine. Work has been good quality very fair priced and on time. I got a slot in October a few weeks back..... almost hate to tell anyone about them.

Google search it in your state or states if close to the state line, ask on FB etc. There are probable several around, but may have to travel a bit. We have used 4 different ones in recent years. It's funny lately I've found that with processors being in such demand, some local farmers, that are even friends won't say where they are taking theirs to, they will change the subject quickly. It is pretty difficult to get in at the ones that are USDA, as most don't do custom work for individuals.

Latest posts