How To Cook a Steak

Help Support CattleToday:

ranchwife2006

Reaction score
Hello, guys!

First of all, I want you to know that I'm getting the hang of this board, slowly but surely. Therefore, I promise only to post this on ONE forum today. :) Took me awhile to figure that out.

Second, I'm only showing you this post on my blog because I thought you'd like to see me promoting the BEEF industry. I don't necessarily think that any of you need any help in knowing how to cook steaks. I thought a lot of my blog readers might be intimidated by the whole beef cooking process, so I plan to periodically post "How to Cook Beef" lessons to help people become more comfortable with it.

And if you have any other steak cooking tips, feel free to post 'em here on this forum---I'd love to read them.

http://pioneerwoman.blogspot.com

Thanks,
ranchwife2006

That looks real tasty,but why use anything more than salt and (mabe)pepper on that good a cut of beef? :)

Peg my sentiments exactly. When I go out to eat and the waitress asks what type of steak sauce I would like I inform her if I have to ask for steak sauce then you know the steak isn't good.

I'll have to agree. As a steak conisuere (sp), I can't spell it but I can grill em, if you have to have A1 or Heinz the meat aint no good.

I wouldn't dream of using steak sauce...but I have to say, I've tried these steaks w/ just salt and pepper, then with the seasoning I used on my post...and the seasoning wins out. And the steak is top grade, delicious meat.

It's probably just personal preference. I once saw a guy dunking a nice piece of tenderloin in KETCHUP. I gasped, but then I realized "Awww well..."

Knock off it's horns. Wipe it's backside and run it over the fire. I'll cut off a piece on the way past. I.E. Real rare and cooked over a mesquite fire.Z

MillIronQH":19w3jmum said:
Knock off it's horns. Wipe it's backside and run it over the fire. I'll cut off a piece on the way past. I.E. Real rare and cooked over a mesquite fire.Z

Z,
When I was stationed at El Toro, my roomate used to say something on that order.

I used to watch him eat raw hamburger out of the pack.

Now, there's a lot of things I'll eat, snake, grasshoppers, brains, raw eggs, etc.

But I have to draw the line at raw meat!!!

Latest posts