how tall is a wagyu ? PLEASE!!! I NEED HELP!!

Help Support CattleToday:

emily_22

Reaction score
I am thinking fo breeding wagyu cattle, but i need to know roughly how tall they usually are.

Does anyone out there know??

emily_22":16r9hgb1 said:
I am thinking fo breeding wagyu cattle, but i need to know roughly how tall they usually are.

Emily, I don;t know this Critter, Angus person here. but welcome to the site. good people here. Sorry tried to post a Link to the American Wagyu Assoc. but did not take. but try looking at the home page here about half way down on the left. Under Assoc. Wagyu is there also check Breeds too.

emily_22":3qezr9rk said:

Here is a link to a webpage that discusses Wagyu. Fairly far down the page are the typical weights and heights of the Japanese Black. It is in centimeters, but I am sure you can convert it to inches.

http://www.luciesfarm.com/artman/publis ... e_37.shtml

short scrawny ugly little marbling beasts. Seem to be raising a few eyebrows as of late. I've thought very seriously about them for my embryo program. I am hesitent because they are so darned homely.

From an outfit in the US that raises Wagyu Kobe beef:

wagyu.jpg

Wagyu cattle(japanese black) are divided into 3 main strains
the bigger the animal usualy the lower the marbling. There are some exceptions, Yama beef in Texas own a bull called ITOSHUGEFUJI he is about 1100kg & is proving to be quite a performer, the other end of the scale is a bull owned by Snake River Farms FUKUTSURU 068 , & he is "a scrawney little critter"
but his carcases are exceptional. look at the website :www.blackmorewagyu.com.au
This mans wagyu cows (about 7-800) are all well over 650kg ,more like holsteins. In a conversation with him he told me that when breeding fullblood wagyu the rule of thumb was "3 crosses for size to 1 cross for marbling" to produce a practical cow that a cattleman can run without too much maintanance.
you might like to look at the Australian wagyu association web site .
regards
Tully

Latest posts