How my week started

Help Support CattleToday:

This is how I feel. I was out at 10 last night moving my neighbor's cows off my place for the second day in a row. :bang:

callmefence":1w4ix4mj said:
cowboy43":1w4ix4mj said:
If you talkin about mud I will take mud anyday over drought, we haven't had a decent rain since Feb.

Good grief cowboy you ain't livin right, were drowning up here.

5 1/4 inches Friday night thru Saturday morning. I have no brush piles left to burn. They're finally all gone. Up in smoke!

backhoeboogie":8ujrhjua said:
callmefence":8ujrhjua said:
cowboy43":8ujrhjua said:
If you talkin about mud I will take mud anyday over drought, we haven't had a decent rain since Feb.

5 1/4 inches Friday night thru Saturday morning. I have no brush piles left to burn. They're finally all gone. Up in smoke!

we've got a about 50 acres of cedar on the ground in lometa. Headed out Saturday morning with 10 gallons of diesel and 5 gallons of gas. Two helpers and two atv with sprayers. Couldn't get it to burn. Part of it was the brush being wet. But it was so humid it's like there wasn't any oxygen. Fire would get going and just suddenly wilt and die.

callmefence":tmryr1xa said:
backhoeboogie":tmryr1xa said:
callmefence":tmryr1xa said:

we've got a about 50 acres of cedar on the ground in lometa. Headed out Saturday morning with 10 gallons of diesel and 5 gallons of gas. Two helpers and two atv with sprayers. Couldn't get it to burn. Part of it was the brush being wet. But it was so humid it's like there wasn't any oxygen. Fire would get going and just suddenly wilt and die.

The cores in my piles were still dry. The problem was getting the fire to the core. Once the core ignited it was all over with. Outer remnants had to the ben raked into the pile of coals and that burned a bit slower but the coal pile was big.

One time I came across a place where my husband had cleared a fence row. There were about 6 piles of brush and trees waiting to be burned. One pile was burned, like in the middle of the row of piles. I thought, Hum, why did they just burn that one pile and not the others. It was wet enough, so no problem to burn them all. So when I got home I asked him why did he just burn one pile. He said he didn't. So we both went back to make sure I saw what I saw. Sure enough, one pile was burned. All we can think happened was lightning...So crazy that can happen, but it was after a storm so it almost has to be what did it....

Latest posts