how much per week

Help Support CattleToday:

prolly $75 a week or more depending on what we need.we usually eat out once or twice a week.

It depends :) For a while this year it seemed that some food was getting less expensive. I noticed that HEB
was packaging some items ( corn chips) in smaller packages. I can buy $1.00 bag now which I prefer over the 2.00 or 2.99 choice.
I think that was a good tweek on the packagers part. This past month it seems as though everything has gone up! I don't
eat out much but can usually make two meals out of a dinner. $35-$40 a week for myself.

It's just me and the wife so the grocery part of the bill probably isn't much.....but the soap, TP, detergent, cooking oil, tylenol, razors, toothpaste, deodorant and stuff that like that runs the tab up to about $200 a week easily.

Varies, but seems to be about $40/week. Was actually just talking to my Mom about that one, commented that I can feed my dog a good dog food for $40/7 weeks, hate having to spend 40/wk on myself. :lol:

My wife says our family of four eats 125.00-150.00 dollars of feed :banana: a week. Most of the bill is in fruits, vegtables, meat, and nuts. Even peanut butter is high dollar now.

$30 per week =$4.30 a day = $ 1.43 a meal?????? are you being honest ??? no snacks, no drinks????? you must be a very self controlled person to eat only $4.30 a day . How many dollars do you spend a day on any food idem??

Sounds like you all eat pretty cheap. I'm thinking of ways to cut down the grocery bill, seems of late that it is just too high. I do like the name brand items, have you all ever tried some of the generic food? its kind of tasteless to me, even the generic medicine, like Tums etc.. is horrible, so i figure for a few cents more its not worth it.Still i think, somewhere there could be room for improvement on the weekly grocery bill. Any tips of ways to save $$$

GMN

cowboy43":3slqcz2g said:
$30 per week =$4.30 a day = $ 1.43 a meal?????? are you being honest ??? no snacks, no drinks????? you must be a very self controlled person to eat only $4.30 a day . How many dollars do you spend a day on any food idem??
cowboy have you never had a good "sandwich in a can"?? :drink: :lol2: :lol2:

ALACOWMAN":2fv6b6n7 said:
being shingle,, about $30.00 a week :cowboy:
Evidently,
beerbuddies10.gif
, :drink:, and
beer.gif
aren't being considered "groceries".... :eek: I mean, you are sluring your typing..... :lol:

$79.57/week over the last 12 months. Includes beverages, household products, and cleaning items, and food. Doesn't include pet care items or prescription drugs. I eat out once a week.

Next question....how many aren't taking into consideration the cost of their own beef/meat they are eating. ;-)

got no one to impress. and no reason not to be honest.. 30.00 on ''store bought''' groceries..... now i eat a pack of nabs and a dew for breakfast and eat lunch at or local mezcan resturant or burger joint for supper i'll have a beer or twelve :cowboy:

That is my point, everything you stick in your mouth is a grocery idem no matter what is is, if it can be drunk or et is is a grocery. Well maybe not every thing the foot or some other idems don,t count, I mean everything eatable. Aint't no way for $4 aday.

ALACOWMAN":189zfk70 said:

ALACOWMAN":189zfk70 said:
got no one to impress. and no reason not to be honest.. 30.00 on ''store bought''' groceries..... now i eat a pack of nabs and a dew for breakfast and eat lunch at or local mezcan resturant or burger joint for supper i'll have a beer or twelve :cowboy:

From what I hear when a person has the shingles they aren't too darned hungry anyway. :p

We raise our own beef and fowl and grow a big garden, so I don't even hit those aisles at the grocery store, but I still spend wayyyyyyy to much on groceries. Seems like prices there have doubled in the past few years. I like to cook and some say I'm okay at it so we don't eat out very often.

ALACOWMAN":2o8m20p6 said:
dam...sounds a lot like my "habits".

I hear the total every two weeks but this includes other things but I haven't a clue what the actual food bill is but it shouldn't be that much being we eat primarily what we grow. I do know we spend around $15/week on milk alone cause that's what I'm always running to the store to get.

Just looked at reports in Quicken and we have averaged about $160 a week for a family of 4, not counting the meals my daughter eats at college. This includes personal care items and eating out. Don't know what is higher eating or paying insurance.

ALACOWMAN":1t7xh12s said:
I spend that on various forms of caffine,...i.e. coffee, sodas, and of course sweet tea. I drink about two to four gallons of something every day depending on what I'm doing or how hot it is outside. In the summer I spend $10 to $15 a week on just ice. I also eat at least 1 1/2 gallons of ice cream a week, so I can imagine what you people think I look like. I work so I can live comfortable, so I'm going to be comfortable as I can while I work.

We spend about 170 a week for a family of 4 with 2 teens. That's food, cleaning supplies, personal items, dog/cat food. Doesn't include beer or our own pork, chicken, eggs, beef

Latest posts