how much hay in 200acres?

Help Support CattleToday:

SuperDave

Reaction score
can anybody give me a rough estimate of what to expect from about 200 bailing big round bales. thanks again. also, are these still selling for around 30 a piece?

SuperDave":2845i1tx said:
can anybody give me a rough estimate of what to expect from about 200 bailing big round bales. thanks again. also, are these still selling for around 30 a piece?
=================
SuperDave,
Depends on the hay. We got an excellent stand this year and averaged 7, 1200-1300 lb bales per acre. It was rye/tim/og/clover/fescue mix. Have got as low as 5 from the same fields. Depends on spring rains and soil condition. Price depends on where you are...around here $20-22.00 per bale. Larger bales garners upwards of $25.00....if it is good hay.

It really depends on the pasture and the baler, as in brand and size of bales. Last year we got 89 bales the 1st cutting off of 30 acres, this year off the same field we only got 49. The rains last year and perfect timing of fertilizer application made all the difference.

baling 200acs youll prlly get 400 bales . maybe more depending on how heavy the hay is. scott

SuperDave":nxzfphjn said:

What size of "big round bale"?
What is the variety and quality of the hay?