how much do i feed a calf?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jenniferlea1

Reaction score
I have never cared for a cow before and now I have a 10 to14 day old calf with no mom. I bought milk replacer for but I have no idea how much and how many times to feed her. She's about 80 pounds I gess .and her name is Bessy. If anyone can help me out me and Bessy would very much appreciate it.

you read the feeding instructions on the tagg thats on the bagg.a cup comes inside the bag.an you usually put 1 cup of powder milk in the bottle.an put warm water in the bottle.an you feed the calf twice a day,in the morning an evening.an watch the calf for scours.

If the calf won't take the bottle, try putting the milk in a gallon (or so) bucket and stick the calfs nose in it. When they start to drink stick the bottle in their mouth.

scours is diarrea. i had good luck using advance arrest when my calves got scours (once i found that product).
If the calf wont take the bottle you can also try squirting some milk on the calfs nose. Once it licks it off and starts looking for where it came from do it again until it realizes it came from the nipple. Then try to get it to suck again.

Latest posts