How many shows a year?

Help Support CattleToday:

Why do you all bring so many? We brought 11 head once and that was enough, never again. It was two families taking care of them too. I like to have a good time too and that is just not possible with that many head if you want them all looking their best.

Yeah, I'm glad we're done dragging around 12 or 14 head. We only take between 2 and 5 now. Much better. Also, I find its alot more fun to have one really awesome animal than to have 4 or 5 "pretty good" animals. I know that should be obvious, but some folks around here thing you have to bring a trailer load to do well and have fun.

Most shows we go to have Haltered (females and bulls) and Non Haltered (females only). We have usually 2 or 3 females that could get Jr. Champ haltered, 2 that could get Sr. Champ haltered, a Mature female (4+ yrs old), then 3 or so Jr. Bulls that could win Jr Champ, 2 possibilities for Sr. Champ bull, then 3 or 4 for Non Haltered... that adds up pretty quick. For the most part, everything we take has a very legitimate shot at winning its class or a division championship. Right now we haul 6 females that are "awesome" and 3 bulls that are right up there, as well. We usually are right up there in the top 1, 2 or 3 in number of entries at a show.

TheBullLady":xbhb3ody said:
Everyone that responded is a junior, correct?

How many of you show in open shows? Any "old" folks like me? :roll:

We, my hubby and I, go to at least 2-3 shows.

We bring a large team, because we generally like to have an animal in each class. And we don't bring "4 or 5 pretty good animals", we bring one for each class and most of the time we win or are placed in the top three in each class. We bring a large team of high and consistent quality - anyone can bring one or two animals that are good but its saying something when you can breed and bring a whole line up that are ribbon winners - especially from a small stud.

We go to the shows to work, to promote our stud and our cattle. I also like to have a good time but a) I can do that while still having a large team and b) it is not the most important reason I am at the show.

We usually work on a ratio of one person to 5 or so animals, but for melb I will probably have the eight and a half to myself, plus around 10 goats. I'll be busy! Dairy week we work on a ratio of 12-15 animals per person.

Only do about 5 or 6 these days used to do about 12 to 15. That was when I was much younger. Can take anywhere from 5 to 20 head,a mix of Brahamans and South Devon. Usually more SDs because of the need to give added promotion. There are enough other Brahman breeders to share the load. I'm the only exhibitor in our state in the SD breed and one of only two in the state next to us.

When i was still showin' we did 2 show a weekend with 4 heifers between my lil sis n i... but then agian that was the TJLA so we could

Latest posts