how many do you ...

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy13":20md4eml said:
SF":20md4eml said:
kathy":20md4eml said:
fit into a 24' trailer for traveling long distances?

Depends ont the size of animals. I'd say 6 to 12 depending on size.

Huh??? :shock: We're talking about a 4 day trip here.

Kathy, how many are you wanting to haul?

A 24' trailer. If you are hauling mature animals you and you tie them on one side of the trailer, you will only need 4' per animal. 24 divided by 4 equal 6. If you are hauling smaller jr heifers or bulls, you may be able to get away with 3' or 4' per animal, so there is 8. 12 may be a bit much. Depends on the size of cattle.

i have six i'd like to take but there's a couple that i could leave home without much problem. knowing that i have a long ways to go, i'd rather go lite and avoid problems if that's the case. Young heifers not full size.

kathy":350bk9nf said:
i have six i'd like to take but there's a couple that i could leave home without much problem. knowing that i have a long ways to go, i'd rather go lite and avoid problems if that's the case. Young heifers not full size.

6 in a 24' trailer should not be a problem. I'm taking 6 to Denver in a 16' trailer.

We never haul tack in the bed of the trailer. All up in the nose. Well, when we used to haul a grooming chute, it was mounted on the side sitting on the wheelwell inside the trailer, and we still haul our side panels tied in front of the calves.
Our showbox is in the truck, in front of the hitch.

How much tack you trying to haul. Our fits in a tack box in the back of the pickup. We don't haul a chute, we have professional fitters at the show take care of the fitting. We carry minimal feed and necessary tack. All fits in back of truck.

Arnold Ziffle":26phsrmm said:
SF, how about some recent pictures of Outlaw?

There will be some new ones coming soon. If I don't get some up sooner, I'll get some up after the Denver show. Thanks, Greg

so how much feed do you usually take? don't you want to keep them on their own feed, instead of changing? do any of you haul your own water? i know ???'s

kathy":1ppxso1i said:
so how much feed do you usually take? don't you want to keep them on their own feed, instead of changing? do any of you haul your own water? i know ???'s

We take enough feed to last through the show. We do not take extra feed as we don't intend to haul extra feed home. We don't haul any water. We don't haul bedding material, we can always get it at the show.

Latest posts