How many days left

Help Support CattleToday:

goldengoat

Reaction score
How many days do you think she has till she delivers the goods?

Beefmaster2009.jpg

Maybe somebody here can tell ya, but I sure as heck can't. A look at the bag or the reverse end might be helpful, but even with that, I wouldn't want to put any money on it!

farmwriter":3lnixyp0 said:
Maybe somebody here can tell ya, but I sure as heck can't. A look at the bag or the reverse end might be helpful, but even with that, I wouldn't want to put any money on it!
:lol: I was going to sass... Your looking at the wrong end to get any information at all on that. :lol:

1982vett":3gytyoar said:
farmwriter":3gytyoar said:
:lol: I was going to sass... Your looking at the wrong end to get any information at all on that. :lol:
Ditto

she is bred.an she looks tobe heavy bred.but you look at her rear to see how close she is.

She is bred by a Reg Angus bull. Was with bull from mid Feb to March 12th. Should be due within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Will be my 3rd calf and first one from her. I just hope she does ok. It is her first calf. Any good tips would be appreciated. Every rancher I talk to seems to have a completely different idea.

goldengoat":2ztnwkjp said:
How many days do you think she has till she delivers the goods?

Beefmaster2009.jpg

Size is absolutely no indication of being bred or showing the length of time bred. No matter the breed

A cow can be bred and be as skinny as a rail and still have a healthy calf - or it can be as fat as a pig and not be bred at all.

God, Mother Nature and your veterinarian (or your experienced arm) are the only actual proofs available as to being bred or the time along towards calving.

Be that as it may she appears to be in good shape and doing fine.

Good luck on calving - if indeed bred

Cheers

Bez+

Yea, I know what you saying on that. On the other thread "Favorite Cow". My cow "Numero 2" never got fat or looked bred and she had a very nice calf. I did not think that she was bred. Cows are definatly not like humans. Can not tell just by a big belly.

This brings up a "story" I was told not long ago. Supposedly, a writer, cattleman and geneticist from...I believe Africa did a stint as a professor at Kansas State and he could tell how long a cow was in gestation just by looking at the cow. Who ever told me this story said they ran cows through a ring and he told them how long they were bred and then they palpated them to check and he never missed. Some of you are bound to have heard the story. Was it Bonsma? I wish I could remember who was telling me this story.

**My memory is coming back....I heard the story at Gene Meitler's conference a couple years ago and he was referring to Jan Bonsma. The man must have been an amazing cattleman with an incredible eye for judging cattle.

alexfarms":3eegqe5t said:
This brings up a "story" I was told not long ago. Supposedly, a writer, cattleman and geneticist from...I believe Africa did a stint as a professor at Kansas State and he could tell how long a cow was in gestation just by looking at the cow. Who ever told me this story said they ran cows through a ring and he told them how long they were bred and then they palpated them to check and he never missed. Some of you are bound to have heard the story. Was it Bonsma? I wish I could remember who was telling me this story.

**My memory is coming back....I heard the story at Gene Meitler's conference a couple years ago and he was referring to Jan Bonsma. The man must have been an amazing cattleman with an incredible eye for judging cattle.

He was indeed all of that, but I fear the story got better every time it was told.

tncattle467":6fv8l0q6 said:
KNERSIE":6fv8l0q6 said:
alexfarms":6fv8l0q6 said:

He was indeed all of that, but I fear the story got better every time it was told.

To bad Bonsma is dead I hear tell he was a good one.
i hear tell his story got better every time it was told, sorta like jesse james :cowboy:

Update. She now is much more narrow. She has been draining a little from the rear side. Also, her hip bones are showing quite a bit. I think it may be tomorrow. Will get some fresh pics in the morning.