How many can there be???????

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Ok.....you Georgia folks might have an answer. I am down in Savannah right now just relaxing. On the way I came down I-75 from Tennessee. I-75 was CRAWLING with state troopers. They were running in packs pulling over 4 and 5 vehicles at a time. They had cruisers, SUV's and helicopters. From Dalton to Atlanta I bet I saw 30 or 40 state troopers in various vehicles. Is this a major drug corridor or something or does the state need the ticket mone that bad?

Answer is yes and yes. It is a major drug corridor but more cash is confiscated in the southbound lane than drug seized in the northbound lane unless its election time. Yes our state does need the money terribly bad. Freezing land taxes at 30% above their true value hasn't generated enough to keep the beast alive and thrifty. Making some salaried state employees work only four days a week hasn't fixed it either. Requiring that tenured professors teach at least one class a year hasn't done it either. Building industrial complexes with grant money and offering free rent for a year hasn't yielded anything other than vacant buildings and property that is no longer on the tax digest. Penalizing employers with a fine for each employee hired or employed has hasn't fixed the crisis either. Expanding our existing seed lab with a $15 million makeover doesn't seem to have done the trick either even though it will create 25 new high paying gov't jobs. So I guess we are out of alternatives and since you Tennesee folks refuse to give us back Chatanooga and the other land you stole from us we are left with no other choice but to tax out of towners through the guise of public safety. So please go ahead and stomp the gas one time, not wear your seatbelt, weave once, talk on the cell phone while driving or anything so we can stimulate our economy in Georgia. BTW - Have a great vacation and please do come back. :welcome:

Jogeephus":3gusyayb said:
Answer is yes and yes. It is a major drug corridor but more cash is confiscated in the southbound lane than drug seized in the northbound lane unless its election time. Yes our state does need the money terribly bad. Freezing land taxes at 30% above their true value hasn't generated enough to keep the beast alive and thrifty. Making some salaried state employees work only four days a week hasn't fixed it either. Requiring that tenured professors teach at least one class a year hasn't done it either. Building industrial complexes with grant money and offering free rent for a year hasn't yielded anything other than vacant buildings and property that is no longer on the tax digest. Penalizing employers with a fine for each employee hired or employed has hasn't fixed the crisis either. Expanding our existing seed lab with a $15 million makeover doesn't seem to have done the trick either even though it will create 25 new high paying gov't jobs. So I guess we are out of alternatives and since you Tennesee folks refuse to give us back Chatanooga and the other land you stole from us we are left with no other choice but to tax out of towners through the guise of public safety. So please go ahead and stomp the gas one time, not wear your seatbelt, weave once, talk on the cell phone while driving or anything so we can stimulate our economy in Georgia. BTW - Have a great vacation and please do come back. :welcome:
Jo, we are holding out from giving Georgia any access to the Tennessee River in the hopes that we can swap it for your Imbalancer program. I think a deal can be reached if ya'll throw in some peanuts and seafood :)

Ah, yes, I knew ya'll would finally tire of that oil marinated seafood from the gulf and finally come around. How bout we just swap Chatanooga for Atlanta even stephen? Imbalancers are out of the question as I am in working on the final details of the technology fee we will be charging for their use.

I think you underestimate the ability of our politcians to spend money. Next time you are on I-75 check out the silt fencing that is installed at the top of the hills in the construction areas to prevent dirt from eroding up the hill. Its just one of the many examples of the madness that's costing us untold amounts of money.