how long to dry up?

Help Support CattleToday:

John in WI

Reaction score
A long story for another post, but our first heifer lost her calf during birth two days ago. Temporary paralysis is getting better and she is walking slowly. Her bag is evenly swollen to the point that it makes me uncomfortable. I can't imagine how she feels. Any thought on how long it should take to go down or other problems I should look for?
Thanks in advance,

John in WI":ktn6tog9 said:
A long story for another post, but our first heifer lost her calf during birth two days ago. Temporary paralysis is getting better and she is walking slowly. Her bag is evenly swollen to the point that it makes me uncomfortable. I can't imagine how she feels. Any thought on how long it should take to go down or other problems I should look for?
Thanks in advance,

You should notice a decrease in the fullness of her udder within a week or so. From then on it's not a noticable decease unles you don;t look at her for 3-4 days. Then you notice. If you check everyday you won;t notice a change then all of a sudden you;ll notice that she's dry. It's like a calf never really ssems tobe growing until you notcie that it's having to reach further down to get to the udde

dun

John in WI":11j707d6 said:
Thanks in advance,

Free Milk!!! :lol:

Latest posts