How long after?

Help Support CattleToday:

robertwhite

Reaction score
May seem like a dumb question, but how long after a pregnant cows bag drops and the teats become larger and longer, should she give birth?

Reason I ask is that one of my cows (5 or 6 yrs old) has been like that for almost a week now and has not even thought about pushing a calf out.

robertwhite":3ge5navw said:
May seem like a dumb question, but how long after a pregnant cows bag drops and the teats become larger and longer, should she give birth?

Reason I ask is that one of my cows (5 or 6 yrs old) has been like that for almost a week now and has not even thought about pushing a calf out.
seen them go in a few hrs and seen them go for 30 days or more like that

robert,
our experience is - don't hold your breath waiting..usually our cows will bag up a couple weeks in advance; but when you see'em carrying their tail up or horizontal things are fix'in to happen real soon...

i usually look for the mucus plug then it will happen in a couple of days. it is hard to tell by the udder unless you know how the cow looks right before.

Angus Cowman":1glzhqpr said:
robertwhite":1glzhqpr said:

seen them go in a few hrs and seen them go for 30 days or more like that
:nod:

Thanks guys. Had one go from nothing to calf on the ground in maybe 3 days last month, so this one is much different. Plus I am still real new to all this.

I have a feeling it will be real soon now. Just brought them into a smaller pasture (more secure for a new calf from coyotes) and she was acting pretty weird. Kind of wondering around like an expectant father might do. :lol2:

Latest posts