How far does everyone else let there boots go?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hardnosecattleco

Reaction score
Just got done oiling new pair of boots just curious how bad every one let's there boots go before getting new pair.

just about as far as you do. The soles on my old Ariat work boots were coming loose earlier this summer; I used gorilla glue on them and they're good as new now. ;-)

Once the glue holding the soles on the boots goes, I re-glue them and once that wears out I buy a new pair.

Lots of wear left in the boots in the pic.

Best to all.

A little silicone will make them water tight....

KIMG0414.jpg

I usually wear rubber boots on the farm. When they start leaking it's time to spend $30 on another pair.

kentuckyguy said:
I usually wear rubber boots on the farm. When they start leaking it's time to spend $30 on another pair.

I used to be the same way until I bought a pair of those ones they claim to be the world's most comfortable rubber boot. Quarto I think the brand is. Worth every penny. Normally go threw three pairs of boots a year set of mucks set of those quartos and a set of regular leather boots. When ur in them 15 hours a day I don't think any boots last

Hardnosecattleco said:
kentuckyguy said:

When ur in them 15 hours a day I don't think any boots last

WOW! That gives a new meaning to the necessity of comfortable footwear

Looks like you still have all the hook eyelets on each boot, should be lotsa life left in them. Broken hook eyelets are the straw that pushes me into a new pair.(if I can't punch em out and just use the holes until the leather tears through.)

I'm barefoot most of the time when the weather allows.. I have fierce callouses on my feet, I can walk through alfalfa stubble no problem. I'm still looking for decent gum boots that last.. I find Mucks quite comfy, but they just don't last as long as the pain in my wallet when buying them.. All the typically weak spots in boots are also totally weak in them, and getting raped for $!00 USD here (For the "muckmasters" which are NO BETTER) just pizzes me off

Latest posts