How Dangerous are they....

Help Support CattleToday:

S.R.R.":36s2yhzi said:
mnmtranching":36s2yhzi said:
My only question is, Why the be nice does anyone have a bull with horns. You got to know he's going to be bad. :roll: :cboy:

Because some of the best bulls have horns! ;-)

It's traditional too.

dun

I know years ago bulls and cows had horns. Then we got dehorners and genetics to change all of that . We all use to be "cowboys" working cattle. I have a few heifers with horns,but not for long.

I actually believe that a bad bull is not as dangerous as a gentle bull. That is because you darn sure avoid a bad bull and always have an escape route. Whereas a gentle bull you are much more likely to turn your back on him and forget he is there. That being said the first time a bull looks cross eyed at me he has a one way ticket out of here. And I don't care how young he is or how well bred he is or how much money I have tied up in him. I have been face down in a pen with a bull in the middle of my back before and it isn't as much fun as some would have you believe.

Dave

Joy in Texas":e9pc8lrh said:
het girl how ya doing ? hows the calves coming along?

Doing good, but keepin pretty busy. Calves are doing great, growing like weeds! :lol:

Don't think I'll ever trust ANY bull, "tame" or range...I've had my experiences , as all you have too.

Dave":2qk4gyik said:
I actually believe that a bad bull is not as dangerous as a gentle bull. That is because you darn sure avoid a bad bull and always have an escape route. Whereas a gentle bull you are much more likely to turn your back on him and forget he is there. That being said the first time a bull looks cross eyed at me he has a one way ticket out of here. And I don't care how young he is or how well bred he is or how much money I have tied up in him. I have been face down in a pen with a bull in the middle of my back before and it isn't as much fun as some would have you believe.

Dave

Just like they say, "a dull knife is the most dangerous"

Caustic Burno":1k21yb54 said:
A bull has four thought's
Fightin
One I can't type here
Eatin
And digging holes large enough to loose a chevy in.
All bulls are dangerous.

I've never heard it put so perfectly.

As far as horses. A cousin needed a place to turn her 24 year old quarter mare out to pasture for retirement. We decided she could stay here, but I was worried at what the cows would do. At first they tried to treat her like a new cow.... that is beat up on her. She had none of that. I watched her pivot on her front legs bring her rear end in line with the offending cow and launch both hind legs into it. It sent that 1000lb cow flying backwards onto the ground like it was a little rag doll. Them cows give her mucho respect now. That horse is pretty bad ass. She will chase our cow dog. I thought a border collie was fast. She is faster.

As Long As You Get Rid Of The Wild Ones And Respect The Cattle Give Them There Space A Certain Times You Should Be Okay But Thats Not How It Always Is

",,,GORED TWO OF THEIR HORSES..."

That's why a lot of us prefer polled animals. How much is it worth to get a couple of good horses gored? A polled bull might have butted them but the damage would have been a lot less.

Latest posts