How Big????

Help Support CattleToday:

SaskHerf

Reaction score
How big of a solar panel do i need to keep my battery charged on my electric fencer.... getting awfully tired of changing batteries.... any ideas would help... 20W is what i was thinking.

well, i'm looking for one that will work on a 12 volt fencer, i was thinking 20 watt panel would be enough but didn't want to spend money on one if it wasn't big enough

Ours is around 10-12 watts I think. Keeps the battery charged just fine. One thing to watch out for is that you disconnect the solar panel before messing with the charger. Our chargfer has a set of wires that goes to the battery with a pigtail off of it to go to the solar panel. I once, and only once, disconnected the battery and tried to unhook the charger from the fence. The solar panel had enough juice being generated that the charger lit me up.

dun

OOps! Just went out and checked and the one we have on the charger is 5 watts. Keeps a 12 volt battery charged indefinitly during the summer. In the winter when it only gets a couple of hours of sun a day the battery goes dead in about a month and ahalf.

dun

Latest posts