How bad...

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! So far the guy hasn't returned my email. I'll give him a call maybe tomorrow and see what's up.

A red angus with a white bag? The nose is pretty light colored too. I don't know much about red angus, but that looks cross bred to me.

She doesn't have much butt, the rest looks decent.

RD-Sam":36yyukcw said:
A red angus with a white bag? The nose is pretty light colored too. I don't know much about red angus, but that looks cross bred to me.

She doesn't have much butt, the rest looks decent.
Red Angus just like black Angus can have white on their bellys. Don;t know about the blaccks but as long as the white isn;t forward of the navel (cows) or sheath (bulls) it sin;t a disqualifying characteristic.

if you're going to keep the cow, i think you can do better. why not keep the bull calf for next year's beef? anyway; if i were buying for the purposes you mentioned, i'd get the best cow that i could afford. i don't think that this cow fills that criteria. it doesn't cost any more to feed a good one than a bad one. ultimately you will have to be the judge..........

if you're going to keep the cow, i think you can do better. why not keep the bull calf for next year's beef? anyway; if i were buying for the purposes you mentioned, i'd get the best cow that i could afford. i don't think that this cow fills that criteria. it doesn't cost any more to feed a good one than a bad one. ultimately you will have to be the judge..........

tsmaxx47":2le4tp4t said:

Well, looks like isn't going to happen as he tells me he has them sold.

There's no doubt I could get better, but all the better ones seem to have a higher price tag on them, and I'd rather do this as inexpensively as possible. As crazy as this may sound, I'm not interested in that calf for the freezer. I'd rather grow him some and get a return on the deal. My preference for the freezer meat is the angus/pied cross.

The guy tells me that she is doing a good job of feeding the little guy, so I guess she was milked down in the picture.

Latest posts