how about a critique on this bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

cleland

Reaction score
What do you all think of this bull. He is a 14 month old gelbvieh bull. His actual weights are bw-78, ww 727, and yw 1128Epds are CE 103 bw 2.5 ww 40 yw 74 milk 18.This bull is out of free agent. He will be used on some angus cows, to have some balancer calves. Let me know what you think.
bull_3-30-06.jpg

[/img]
100_0081.JPG

What have you been feeding him?

I like him, I think he's a nice package. But I am "inexperienced" ... I hope Doc comments... and everyone else... it's one of the only ways I get some exposure to the "good" the "bad" and the "ugly"!

i just bought him. He has been fed free choice fescue and 15 pounds of corn and bean meal.

[....... 15 pounds of corn and bean meal.[/quote]

It will be interesting to see how he holds up when he hits the pasture.

Bez!

That bull is thick. 15 lbs of corn is a good grower ration with free choice hay, he will shed a few lbs once he gets working, but he is the kinda bull I like to see :D Maybe Kiku will see him. :D

rkm":3liada5w said:
I'm no pro, I like him but looks like he's ready for the rail.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think there are other plans for this guy.

8)

Bez!

Yea, I guess it's lot easier to take it off once he starts working than it is to put it on.

well 15 lbs isnt really that much for a 1500 lb animal in my opinion. He may be a little fat right now, but he will work it off. No hes not short, hes not real tall, but definitely not short. I know hes not black, but to get the genetics I wanted I had to go with a red bull. Does anyone want to guess what the price was on him?

cleland":1buc7gn1 said:
well 15 lbs isnt really that much for a 1500 lb animal in my opinion. He may be a little fat right now, but he will work it off. No hes not short, hes not real tall, but definitely not short. I know hes not black, but to get the genetics I wanted I had to go with a red bull. Does anyone want to guess what the price was on him?

$1500???

rkm":1z5ijxwf said:
I'm no pro, I like him but looks like he's ready for the rail.

Yup, Like a fattened steer. Too short necked for my taste. Let me rephrase that, cause I would in fact eat him :D

cleland":1hdyoh9p said:
Does anyone want to guess what the price was on him?

Nope - never guess on a price. The owner may tell me - but I will never ask - he has to offer it up.

Bez!

The bull looks good.

1% of body weight wouldn't be considered overfeeding. Plus there needs to be enough ration fed to see what his potential is and what his calves have the potential of.

cleland - my ISP has been having trouble, and I just spent 2 hours answering your critique request and - - - GONE! I will attempt to do it again tomorrow.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts