Hours of day light

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The sun isn't coming up until 7:05 and setting at 4:13. The computer tells me that tomorrow will be 1 minute and 35 seconds shorter. It is still a little over 3 weeks to the shortest day. I am ready for some longer days......

amen brother
It is still not winter yet and I am already fed up with it...
on the bright side I worked some heifers this morning before coming to work and the ground was frozen...finally a relief from the mud we have been in for months....

A good head lamp is a must. What really sucks is cutting firewood in the dark.

sstterry":4e2ocu8l said:
shaz":4e2ocu8l said:
A good head lamp is a must. What really sucks is cutting firewood in the dark.

You are better man than I. There is no way I would be operating a chainsaw in the dark.

I'm not a better man - I am completely intoxicated

Being retired I don't have anything pressing to do in the morning. However I wake up about 5:30 and end up sitting around waiting for daylight. But there is a dead cow down on the bone pile and the coyotes have been working it pretty hard. I have to wait clear until 7:00 to slip down there to shoot a coyote. Be nice to be able to do it earlier before the coyotes get their bellies full and leave. That is what I am doing now waiting for daylight.

Dave":3toa8tlz said:
Being retired I don't have anything pressing to do in the morning. However I wake up about 5:30 and end up sitting around waiting for daylight. But there is a dead cow down on the bone pile and the coyotes have been working it pretty hard. I have to wait clear until 7:00 to slip down there to shoot a coyote. Be nice to be able to do it earlier before the coyotes get their bellies full and leave. That is what I am doing now waiting for daylight.

They make scopes for nighttime I hear.

Silver":qwpm1fq4 said:
Official sunrise 9:10, sunset 4:34 today. I can dang near work from sunup to sundown these days :cowboy:
Your almost getting to banker's hours, once you take a couple of hours for lunch there's not much of the day left.

It seems to me, the sun is coming up and setting the same way it always has. Only thing that changed is the hands on some mechanical device or what some electronic device displays

True Grit Farms":1spfebvs said:
Silver":1spfebvs said:
Official sunrise 9:10, sunset 4:34 today. I can dang near work from sunup to sundown these days :cowboy:
Your almost getting to banker's hours, once you take a couple of hours for lunch there's not much of the day left.

Yes, and then the afternoon nap pretty much spoils the day.

greybeard":2tlg50vu said:
It seems to me, the sun is coming up and setting the same way it always has. Only thing that changed is the hands on some mechanical device or what some electronic device displays

We are fortunate here to not have to deal with time changes.

I had to wait an hour and half this morning but I shot a coyote at first light. Sort of like you guys who sit in a tree stand waiting for a deer except I was sitting in the house playing on the computer.

Latest posts