Hot and Dry

Help Support CattleToday:

If does not rain soon we are going to be baling barbed wire and briars for these Brimmers.

Arnold Ziffle":dw4b3qdq said:
Good one Caustic. Haven't heard anybody mention the 5 F's in quite a while. But that describes things at my little place as well. :(

is that the one with something to do about a fox in a fire?

May 30 was the last time we had over 1/4 rain on the farm :( !! It's a dust bowl and we're suppose to be Sub-Tropical!!! If it don't rain soon the cattle market down here may get saturated with sellers!

Tony Jr":20jkrpuq said:
May 30 was the last time we had over 1/4 rain on the farm :( !! It's a dust bowl and we're suppose to be Sub-Tropical!!! If it don't rain soon the cattle market down here may get saturated with sellers!

Tony, I'm next to you here over in Alabama and we're hurting too! Since our rain usually comes from the west, when it DOES come, don't use it all! Save a little for us! ;-)

Hoss, Hope you ain't in that red spot where TX - OK - AR join.
That might be 6 - F contry.

Caustic Burno":1omwmy8t said:
Nope I am below it know some that are in it, just pray that they get some rain from the system that is moving through today.

Got me a BIG soaker this afternoon. Went to check the rain gauge and it was 9/10. Hope some gets your way. Anybody feeding hay yet?

MikeC":tf6dxhmg said:
Caustic Burno":tf6dxhmg said:
Nope I am below it know some that are in it, just pray that they get some rain from the system that is moving through today.

Got me a BIG soaker this afternoon. Went to check the rain gauge and it was 9/10. Hope some gets your way. Anybody feeding hay yet?
Mike, If this dry spell keeps up, I would predict we'll be feeding hay within the next week to 10 days.

Crowderfarms":b740hl0r said:
MikeC":b740hl0r said:
Caustic Burno":b740hl0r said:

Mike, If this dry spell keeps up, I would predict we'll be feeding hay within the next week to 10 days.

I've already started :( !

Tony Jr":373izyku said:
Crowderfarms":373izyku said:
MikeC":373izyku said:
Caustic Burno":373izyku said:

Allright what is this hay yall speak of? Where does it come from? Is it grown somewhere?
This is starting to look like 99/00 drought.

CB, Not trying to make you jealous but we're getting another "Frog Strangler" right now. Second day in a row!
HOO YAA

MikeC":3lfbnn40 said:
CB, Not trying to make you jealous but we're getting another "Frog Strangler" right now. Second day in a row!
HOO YAA

I am proud for yall fine folk, we have survived worse, will survive this one. Just another window of opportunity the Good Lord has provide us with. We have a chance later in the week,just have the patience of Job and the faith of Abraham.

Sure wish , you could take some of our excess rain Caustic

Had another 3 inches since 1 am this morning and still raining.

Caustic Burno":2rf1z8sp said:
Tony Jr":2rf1z8sp said:
Crowderfarms":2rf1z8sp said:
MikeC":2rf1z8sp said:
Caustic Burno":2rf1z8sp said:

Allright what is this hay yall speak of? Where does it come from? Is it grown somewhere?
This is starting to look like 99/00 drought.
CB, Lot's of hay left over from last year, when the Faucet would not shut off. this year the plumbing is gone. Lucky we had left over rolls.

Latest posts