Hostile Enviroment

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm big on the Enviroment. It's the only one we got. Dead cattle are negative for the quality of the Envirothing. That is certain. Cowboys get paid by the live, healthy pound. I've had dead cattle. I greived for each of them.This thread is useless, and I just added to it. I'm ashamed.

My brother in law ran cattle of federal land for years. It might be a hundred thousand acre parcel with some of the worst high desert terrain imaginable. The cattle would be driven up in the high country in the spring and rounded up again in the fall and brought back down to the ranch and fed hay all winter. They would calculate in an average loss rate each year. There was always losses to calves and cows from bears, lions, coyotes etc. and there was always losses from terrain factors like falling in a ravine, breaking a leg or drowning. Some things just can't be avoided.

I support Hook all the way in this. However these crusades like from the original poster are something we seem to be dealing with more every day. We have to watch our backs all the time. If you throw enough shyt some of it is bound to stick.
Ken

regolith":dmdvti8p said:
looks like a personal vendetta.

Stuff happens - even if you check them several times a day.
I don't really think it's personal, from the pm's i have been getting, this guy seem's to have a huge problem with me too.

HOSS said:
My brother in law ran cattle of federal land for years. It might be a hundred thousand acre parcel with some of the worst high desert terrain imaginable. The cattle would be driven up in the high country in the spring and rounded up again in the fall and brought back down to the ranch and fed hay all winter. They would calculate in an average loss rate each year. There was always losses to calves and cows from bears, lions, coyotes etc. and there was always losses from terrain factors like falling in a ravine, breaking a leg or drowning. Some things just can't be avoided.[/quote]
aint that the dam truth... most cattlemen dont subcribe to martha stewart living :cowboy:

This post is the exact reason why alot of people(me anyways) are reluctant to post anything on here. One minute you are telling an innocent story about losing a cow and the next minute you are accused of hanging out with Michael Vic. If more people were interested in actually helping each other instead of judging and blaming there might be more people willing to tell what they have learned. Not saying I haven't got alot of good information on this site, you just have to wade through the bull.

A.Lane":11ucif0i said:
This post is the exact reason why alot of people(me anyways) are reluctant to post anything on here. One minute you are telling an innocent story about losing a cow and the next minute you are accused of hanging out with Michael Vic. If more people were interested in actually helping each other instead of judging and blaming there might be more people willing to tell what they have learned. Not saying I haven't got alot of good information on this site, you just have to wade through the bull.
this one is the exception to the rule....he aint interested in helping, just one-upmanship

A.Lane":192g7f0g said:
I was the same way, i was a member for a while before i ever posted anything. But there is alot more good here than bad, this guy just tries to cause problems.

This thread has 10 foot pole marks all over it. No way to fix anything. All I see is lose/lose. Not much of a way to turn things around for everyone or anyone involved.

It should have been locked. I can't believe I am saying that but I am.

I don't know how many more he has or can get, but i just got the message that aloha cattle and whatisgmo, have been taken care of.

Well, mod1 said to let him know if he starts up again with anything else, other than aloha and gmo. Guess we will see what he does.

Latest posts