Horse manure in a box ain't good

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I am on a farm organization board, we have 3 secretaries who work with me closely and do special favors, I always give them candy as a gift this time of year. This year I want to give something different, because sitting all day with candy is starting to cause a little weight problem.( I hope they don't read this)
Any suggestion for a thank you gift , say $10 or less.
Do you get each the same gift or do you get a different gift for each?
Do not suggest undergarments, don't think that would be right.
I do not think gag gifts would be good either, one year I gave horse manure in a box, they thanked me and had a big laugh , I heard later from a fellow board member ,they didn't appreciate the horse manure in a box one bit
and was I a country bumpkin or what. An X girl friend once told me when I gave her horse manure in a box, it was not what it cost but the thought that counts, she left me soon after. I thought it was a pretty good expensive gift, because if you think how much it cost for a $2000 horse to produce a pound of horse manure , it ain't cheap by along shot.
So if any one out their has a idea , please say so, if any women out their ,please give your thoughts also, because women is better than men at such things.
Thank you all in advance for your help

I knew when I proof read what I wrote and I said special favors , some ones mind was going to drift the wrong way. I started to rewrite that statement, but I thought all on this forum were gentlemen ranchers and surely they would not think such ugly thoughts.

When I said special favors, I meant pertaining to all secretarial duties relating to the job. Shame on you for having such thoughts as I am sure no one else had such thoughts. I forgive you for thinking that way and any ideas for a good cheap gift would be appreciated. :banana:

The scented candles are pretty safe and everybody likes them. A warm scarf, one size fits all. Or just buy the candy and let them worry about their own weight control.

Nice bottle of hand and body lotion. The good stuff that comes from a specialty or department store. (Not Walmart!)
Most women do not buy them for themselves, but nice to get as a gift.

I hope you all realize I was joking about the manure in a box , I would not be that inconsiderate toward anyone, if I did do it , it would be a joke and they would have a good gift following,
What I do want is good suggestions for a gift for the ladies described, which their have been some good ideas from you all, keep them coming, All suggestion appreciated and may help some other poor lost man out there,, Ladies give your ideas would you would like.
Thanks again :cboy: :cboy:

I think a nice bottle of hand or body lotion would be appreciated. Most women would love that.

potted plants or scented candles. With the horse manure on the side.

Or let them deal with their own weight control... I doubt one box of candy once a year has anything much to do with it.

A nice bottle of wine, if you have inside knowledge that they drink.
A gift certificate for a massage or a pedicure.

A lot depends on the ladies. Not knowing anything about them, I think the nice lotion or chocolates are the safest.

If you limit is $10, why not just take them out as a group for a simple lunch. You don't have to wrap anything, you don't have to hope you got something they can use/appreciate. You can tell them how much you appreciate their hard work--even so much you decided to break your tradition an not give a box of horse crap!

Latest posts