Horse for Branded

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad you'd viewed it previously and appreciated it. There's additional similar videos on the net but I'm fond of this one for its brevity. Had a working Kelpie and an Arabian with the same proclivity. Dog is long deceased, horse turns 32 next month.

76 Bar said:
Glad you'd viewed it previously and appreciated it. There's additional similar videos on the net but I'm fond of this one for its brevity. Had a working Kelpie and an Arabian with the same proclivity. Dog is long deceased, horse turns 32 next month.

Wow! That is a testament to your care of that special horse. Great job!

I also had seen that. It is truly amazing.

I was raised with horses. All draft horses, mostly Belgians. Horses are beautiful but I will stick with my comment, if you WANT a horse, get one but you don't NEED a horse.

Bright Raven said:

I was raised with horses. All draft horses, mostly Belgians. Horses are beautiful but I will stick with my comment, if you WANT a horse, get one but you don't NEED a horse.

Big difference between "wants" and "needs", I totally agree with that statement. What I want and what I need are two polar opposites. LOL!

I might need an English Shire to carry my big azz around Branded, I would probably make most horses fall over with exhaustion. :deadhorse:

************* said:
Bright Raven said:

Big difference between "wants" and "needs", I totally agree with that statement. What I want and what I need are two polar opposites. LOL!

I might need an English Shire to carry my big azz around Branded, I would probably make most horses fall over with exhaustion. :deadhorse:

They can be a PITA. Some cattle mineral for example is toxic to horses. They are another mouth to feed, grass and hay. I admit, the thought of having a horse has occurred to me because I enjoyed our horses much more than the cows when I was growing up but my wisdom overruled my whims.

Bright Raven said:

We don't uses horses like we used to. But sometimes we NEED them, therefore we have them.

Wow! That is a testament to your care of that special horse. Great job!
Thank you very much. Your compliment was appreciated. Her genetic lineage is noted for longevity. I kept up my part of the bargain by providing a conscientious health protocol and mentally/physically stress free environment. Even in advanced age she remains vigorous and smart as a whip. Still cute as a button if you can look past her winter and quickly shedding wooly mammoth coat. Nesting birds adore her. :nod:

Latest posts