Homemade Bandsaw Mill (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

HatCreekFan

Reaction score
Well, remember the post (okay, maybe not) about wanting to blow up a stump or six? He hasn't blown up any stumps as of yet, but dad has made a bandsaw mill. He got to really use it today, and I stopped by and snapped a few photos.

He got the directions to build it from a guy about an hour away, and after a few ebay purchases and creative use of scrap iron and a few other assorted things, he's sawing wood.

bandsawmill001.jpg

Now why are you worried about a dad as resourceful as that having a hard time moving a stump? If he can build a bandsaw mill then he can use dynamite or anything else he wants.

that new bandsaw should keep him busy.an not thinking bout blowing stumps up for awahile.i like the pictures very much.scott

Notice the bicycle tire up top on the frame? Guess he went through some of my childhood relics for that one...

it's what he uses to crank the blade and stuff up and down. It's really cool.

Yes, engineering at its finest, for sure. ;-) :)

I'm impressed. Not very many people can put together something like that and it work, or will even try. I have to admire someone that actually finds no walls when it comes to wanting to get a job done. A lot of satisfaction comes when you accomplish these things. Most people would say, "Why would I want to build a bandsaw when I can just go buy one." They just don't get it.

Latest posts