Homeade projects

Help Support CattleToday:

dj":31yh2rt8 said:
Bolted I got 3" angle against the square

That will work. I'm getting ready to build a new hay fork for my FEL. The problem is it has the quick disconnect bucket. I am having a problem finding someone to make the brackets I need for this. I need them made out of at least 1 inch thick steel. I had a guy online that was going to CNC me some but after I sent the templates and asked for a price I never received another response. Don't know if he shut down or what. I can't cut anything that thick. I checked a local welding shop and the guy said "well we could try it" (you pay even if we fail type of deal).

flaboy this might not work for you. Here I go to a scrap metal place that gets railroad scrap. I can always find some thicker stuff there. And unlike steel suppliers I don't have to take as much if I'm needing just a small peice. A quick attach arrangement would be great for sure. I'm still at the stage where quick means 10 lb sledge instead of 4 lb.

dj":7zgacslc said:
flaboy this might not work for you. Here I go to a scrap metal place that gets railroad scrap. I can always find some thicker stuff there. And unlike steel suppliers I don't have to take as much if I'm needing just a small peice. A quick attach arrangement would be great for sure. I'm still at the stage where quick means 10 lb sledge instead of 4 lb.

Yeah, we used to have one of those places but it went out of business. Getting the metal is not the problem, it's getting someone to cut out my patterns. The steel supplier here locally is a rip but ya gotta pay or travel a long way. I have friend getting me some 4x2 3/16 tubing for some bumpers for my Jeeps. He can get it for about 1/2 what I can get it for and he pays retail also. I just have to go get it but I up his way often anyway.

Oh, I have one of those 10 pound sledge FEL's also. :lol:

Latest posts