Holy productivity batman

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
One of my many faults or downsides is I have always had ADHD. Can't sit still, can't finish a project, no patience to listen, watch or read for any length of time. Been this way forever but I can force myself at times to hyper focus on things. Especially hobbies. Fishing, diving, bikes, and lately cattle. The problem is I often get sidetracked and lose interest. We call the house the "halfway house" because everything is halfway done. The only projects finished are those I hire out. But that gets expensive. We haven't had baseboards in the house in 10 years since I put the floors down. Correction, we do, and they are all cut and mitered, but I never nailed them on. :lol: I've never taken anything for it until today. My wife was saying I always cut her short and don't have patience to listen to her, and he feels she has to spit things out or I get short with her. So I agreed to try one of dead eyes ADHD pills. And holy carp were things different today. The pill is only a 4 hr pill, but dang did I get stuff done. The barn is almost 100% organized. Finally got around to putting the pallet shelfs together and in place. I can tell its wearing off now because my attention is waning, but i may actually go to the doc and talk with him about it.
Anyone else??? Maybe I'll be able to read the boards and comprehend better what I'm reading instead of just skimming over the words. :shock:

Hook":12p412ud said:
One of my many faults or downsides is I have always had ADHD. Can't sit still, can't finish a project, no patience to listen, watch or read for any length of time. Been this way forever but I can force myself at times to hyper focus on things. Especially hobbies. Fishing, diving, bikes, and lately cattle. The problem is I often get sidetracked and lose interest. We call the house the "halfway house" because everything is halfway done. The only projects finished are those I hire out. But that gets expensive. We haven't had baseboards in the house in 10 years since I put the floors down. Correction, we do, and they are all cut and mitered, but I never nailed them on. :lol: I've never taken anything for it until today. My wife was saying I always cut her short and don't have patience to listen to her, and he feels she has to spit things out or I get short with her. So I agreed to try one of dead eyes ADHD pills. And holy carp were things different today. The pill is only a 4 hr pill, but dang did I get stuff done. The barn is almost 100% organized. Finally got around to putting the pallet shelfs together and in place. I can tell its wearing off now because my attention is waning, but i may actually go to the doc and talk with him about it.
Anyone else??? Maybe I'll be able to read the boards and comprehend better what I'm reading instead of just skimming over the words. :shock:

I don't think you got anything we all don't have. :lol:

Send me some of those pills! It takes enormous effort for me to finish projects.. I'm getting better at actually completing stuff with time, but to say it's getting easier would be a lie

TennesseeTuxedo":14nzmj9x said:
ADD and ADHD are very real and if properly treated can be managed.

Hook, in all seriousness if you're as bad as you describe then you absolutely need to get with qualified physician right away.

Good luck.
:lol: that's just scratching the surface. :lol2: :shock:
Oh look.....a squirrel!

Nesi, I hear you. I have been putting it off since birth. I'm not a fan of taking pills. I don't even like taking aspirin. Dead eye is on the stuff because if he doesn't take it, he's a danger to himself. No impulse control. I'm not as bad as he is,but I can see where it's having an affect an items need adressed.

TennesseeTuxedo":115cj8vm said:
ADD and ADHD are very real and if properly treated can be managed.

Hook, in all seriousness if you're as bad as you describe then you absolutely need to get with qualified physician right away.

Good luck.
Make sure you mention a s s syndrome you have too.

Yes, I've been afflicted all my life as well. Not as bad as you described your symptoms. My Grandson has it as well and is on meds. They work really well but do have a down side - for him. The drug he takes is called Vynaise (don't know if I spelled it correctly) and when he is on it he has absolutely no appetite. For a growing boy that can be a real problem. He is 15 and as long as he is taking the med he acts like a normal teenager.

I don't take anything for my problem but my advise for anyone who really has a bad case is to get the meds.

lavacarancher":2nemxr75 said:
Yes, I've been afflicted all my life as well. Not as bad as you described your symptoms. My Grandson has it as well and is on meds. They work really well but do have a down side - for him. The drug he takes is called Vynaise (don't know if I spelled it correctly) and when he is on it he has absolutely no appetite. For a growing boy that can be a real problem. He is 15 and as long as he is taking the med he acts like a normal teenager.

I don't take anything for my problem but my advise for anyone who really has a bad case is to get the meds.
Same way with dead eye. He won't eat. But when the pill wears off he is a eatin machine. We try to balance it out by only giving it to him when needed.he was always in the emergency room until we got it straightened out. As it is the long acting pill only works for 6 hours for him when it should for 8-12. The pill I took today was a regular 4 hr pill and it only lasted 2 hours for me.
Maybe that's why Im an adrenaline junkie. It calms me down. Same with endorphins. When I got the tattoos, I actually almost fall asleep.

People are actually taking ADHD meds off label for weight loss. Though they are not without risky side effects.

branguscowgirl":3he2brli said:
People are actually taking ADHD meds off label for weight loss. Though they are not without risky side effects.
Sounds like the perfect drug for me. I have trouble paying attention and I'm starting to get kinda chubby. If one of the side effects is excessive house cleaning then sign me up. I'm on board.

I don't have it. When I was a kid every kid that had it had to take a pill and I never took pills so I don't have it. My son has it though and it's hereditary and we're all just sitting back scratching our heads wondering where it came from. :roll: For some strange reason just talking about it conjures up memories of my dad's voice saying "can't be... he's not hyper at all." :roll:
Luckily for me, it's bad enough that I have a hard time even getting a project started and I've gained enough self discipline to finish the ones I do start so I don't leave much stuff half done... just don't ask me to clean up the mess once I finish because that's pure mind numbing torture.
We tried meds for the boy but decided to deal with it head on and also found out that he's dyslexic(gee, where'd he get that from? :bang: ) along the way. It takes some management but for some strange unknown reason I seem to know how his brain works so I'm able to guide him through some of the stuff that is tough when you have ADD and dyslexia.

cow pollinater":2we1rk9v said:
I don't have it. When I was a kid every kid that had it had to take a pill and I never took pills so I don't have it. My son has it though and it's hereditary and we're all just sitting back scratching our heads wondering where it came from. :roll: For some strange reason just talking about it conjures up memories of my dad's voice saying "can't be... he's not hyper at all." :roll:
Luckily for me, it's bad enough that I have a hard time even getting a project started and I've gained enough self discipline to finish the ones I do start so I don't leave much stuff half done... just don't ask me to clean up the mess once I finish because that's pure mind numbing torture.
We tried meds for the boy but decided to deal with it head on and also found out that he's dyslexic(gee, where'd he get that from? :bang: ) along the way. It takes some management but for some strange unknown reason I seem to know how his brain works so I'm able to guide him through some of the stuff that is tough when you have ADD and dyslexia.
:nod: I trily wish dead eyes was manageable, and I'm hoping he will grow out of it to some degree. Time will tell. I can force myself to focus on a task for a short time but its mentally draining. And like you, forget cleaning up after a task. I'm lucky if I make it to the clean up phase. :lol:

The wife has ADD and I can sure tell when she's not medicated. Starts a conversation mid-sentence or stops mid-sentence because her brain works faster than her mouth. Drives me crazy sometimes.

Wow you sound just like my hubby! He takes meds when he feels especially distracted or knows he
absolutely has to complete a project. Then things get done. And he feels much better and in control of his life.
And I don't feel like everything around us is half done. Good advice to get a doc involved. There'll be some assessments. For those that truly have problems, meds can be a Godsend. Just be sure to carefully research
anything that is prescribed - as mentioned earlier, there can be side effects.There are also coping skills you can
practice to help keep you on track. If I were your wife, I'd be dragging you to the dr. :lol2:

Well I don't believe in taking drugs. Make yourself do what needs to be done. Hook have you started smoking again? You can do whatever you want to, just put your mind to it. And taking mind altering drugs could cost you big time. Guns and drugs don't go together, just remember that before you make a decision to see a doctor. :2cents:

Nope. Still not smoking. In fact I think that's one of the reasons I've been struggling. Seems the smokes kept my mind busy or something. I know exactly where you're coming from on not taking meds, but sometimes it's a necessary thing.

Latest posts